Data Engineer S4822
NisumFull time Full day
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Team: Data Science & Analytics
Work Type: Full Time
Nisum is a leading global digital commerce firm headquartered in California, with services spanning digital strategy and transformation, insights and analytics, blockchain, business agility, and custom software development. Founded in 2000 with the customer-centric motto “
Building Success Together,” Nisum has grown to over 1,800 professionals across the United States, Chile,Colombia, India, Pakistan and Canada. A preferred advisor to leading Fortune 500 brands, Nisum enables clients to achieve direct business growth by building the advanced technology they need to reach end customers in today’s world, with immersive and seamless experiences across digital and physical channels
The Data Engineer, Analytics is responsible for the acquisition, modeling, transformation, and delivery of the organization’s data in support of reporting and analytics. This role is tasked with managing and organizing data, while also keeping an eye out for trends or inconsistencies that will impact business goals. It’s a highly technical position, but also requires soft skills to communicate data trends to others in the organization and to help the business make use of the data it collects. This role will work closely with Data Analysts and Business Intelligence Developers, ensuring that the data pipeline from source to presentation layer is available and robust
What You'll Do
- Ingests data from a variety of internal and third-party sources
- Connects to data sources including open API, databases and files
- Defines and implements a robust automated data pipeline using modern techniques
- Ensures the data pipeline supports actionable insights into key business performance metrics
- Aligns architecture with business requirements incorporating design for security and performance optimization
- Models data supporting a variety of uses such as reporting, analysis, and internal and external data delivery
- Ensures and improves data reliability, linage, efficiency, and quality
- Develops data set processes and best practices
- Identifies, designs, and implements internal process improvements
- Provides accurate project effort estimates
What You Know
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is a must
- Strong hands on technical background
- Legacy BI is baseline, business intelligence, data warehousing, modelling, acquisition
- AWS, Redshift data warehousing, repositories within AWS, Snowflake type technologies that are part of AWS
- Experience with open APIs, Python, Redshift and Snowflake
- Strong understanding of ETL/ELT tools and processes
- Proficient in data warehouse solutions, modeling techniques, and performance optimization
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management
- Successful history of extracting value from large, disconnected datasets
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience in performing root cause analysis to answer business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Demonstrated analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented, and organized with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Action oriented and innovative; able to translate goals into achievable steps
- Strong collaborative team player
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and ability to adapt to changes in workload and priorities
- Excellent planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Strong ability to perform data analysis and present their findings to stakeholders
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Applications, or related field
- Data engineering certification is a plus
- Health: We provide comprehensive health benefits designed specifically to meet your needs at all stages of your life. With our many options, you can find takaful coverage related to in-patient and out-patient care along with life takaful.
- Parents Takaful: We provide comprehensive health benefits designed specifically for employees' parents.
- Work-Life Balance: We provide optimal flexibility and choice for our employees to manage time away from work and for almost every aspect of life. Whether it’s about performing a pilgrimage, medical leave, family planning, or spending time with friends or family, our paid time-off benefit can support your lifestyle.
- Incentives and Rewards: We recognize that different people have different needs, and this is why we extend our benefits beyond conventional offerings. We offer various options to help you juggle the demands of your career and life. We offer multiple ways to earn financial rewards and provide financial support programs, such as interest-free loans, multiple discount programs, one extra salary, car financing schemes, old-age benefits, and fund savings.
- Development and Training Programs: We recognize the skill set and mindset our employees need to stay competitive in the marketplace and provide support through structured classroom training, study sponsorships, international trips, and multiple appreciation programs.
- Team Building: We strive to create a culture where fun and work go hand-in-hand. We offer quarterly team lunches along with monthly entertainment events to ensure the workplace remains fun and productive!
- Corporate Appliances: We set you up for success by providing all the tools you need to start your career with us off right. We provide a laptop with accessories, a cellular and internet device, and a power bank on a need basis only.
- Office Facilities: Our office is specifically designed to support a healthy and balanced lifestyle for our employees. It offers a separate gaming room, gym facility, free lunches, an in-house vending machine, and so much more!
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume
Fixed Term, Immunization (EPI) Officer, NOB, Lahore, Pakistan # 52328
UNFull time Full day
UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child,...
SABIS NetworkFull time Full day
Responsible for the schools disciplinary issues to maintain an environment with limited amount of infractions in the entire school. Key Responsibilities: Conducting corridor, bathroom, and classroom checks prior to the start of the school day to ensure a clean, safe,...
Technical Expert for Mobile Applications
United Nations PakistanFull time Full day
Background: To address the large spectrum of gender inequality encompassing women’s empowerment, economic dimensions and gaps in fulfilment of women’s reproductive rights, UNFPA, UN WOMEN and UNICEF designed a joint programme - “Empowering and Protecting Pakistan’s Women, Youth, Girls and...