EssenceMediaCom | Copy/Content Writer
EssenceMediaComFull time Full day
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability. We are currently looking for Copy/Content Writer to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for all tasks and client service activities associated with an assigned brand/account.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Associate Business Director - Digital
3 best things about the job:
1. Creative freedom to express ideas
2. Healthy and happy work environment
3. Ability to experiment and grow
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Understand clients’ objectives, their target audience and their benchmark companies’ activities.
- Write clear, persuasive, original copy for all digital channels and campaigns
- Multi-task and manage timelines effectively
- Keep up-to-date with popular culture and trends
In six months:
- Independently create campaigns
- Pitch new ideas to strengthen brand positioning in the market landscape
- Liaise with the team and the client to push the innovation envelope with regards storytelling
In 12 months:
- Become a core player in the digital campaigns and be fluently managing the main portfolio specifically while overseeing the display activity.
- Start contributing to the wider digital department by championing our products and processes.
What your day looks like at EssenceMediaCom:
- Understand the goal, audience, and message of a campaign and create copy accordingly.
- Research, write, edit and proof read all levels of copy including headlines and body copy, for all online platforms.
- Generate creative social media content.
- Brainstorming visual and copy ideas with other members of the creative team
- Day to day creation of copy related deliverable to all accounts
- Able to follow style guidelines and client briefs
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work both independently or in a team
What you’ll bring:
- zest for writing and community building skills
- enthusiasm for genuine research and contribution
- excellent proofreading skills and command over the English language
- understanding of social media strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts, Mass Com, Marketing or related fields.
- At least 1 year of experience in the relevant field
- Creative mind, energetic person who wants to apply your specific talent to the fastest growing Interactive field (Digital, Online etc.)
- Strong conceptual thinking to help shaping creative direction and communicating the message to audience.
- Communicate idea by playing with letters that serves objective.
- Help guiding Content team to write content with same tone and voice
More about EssenceMediaCom
EssenceMediaCom helps brands unlock growth through media. We do this by applying our unique Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business, enabling us to identify the best avenues for growth and unlock the potential in every brand.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing belief that if we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for our teams but also for our clients. “People First, Better Results” means that we invest in our people’s careers and capabilities to help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2018, this approach led EssenceMediaCom to become the first network to hold all six major Media Network of the Year titles concurrently: Adweek, Campaign, Cannes Lions, Festival of Media Global, M&M Global and WARC Media 100. The agency retained the WARC Media 100 title in 2019, also winning Agency of the Year (EssenceMediaCom Israel) and Campaign of the Year (Gillette – I Don’t Roll on Shabbos, EssenceMediaCom Connections Israel).
EssenceMediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$13.5 billion (Source: COMvergence, March 2019), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/mediacom
GroupM Pakistan is the leading global media investment management operation in Pakistan. We see major growth coming on Digital platforms with internet penetration growing to 87 million broadband users and 85 million 3G/4G subscribers.
Social media platforms have also grown substantially in Pakistan where Facebook stands at 34 million subscribers and TikTok has replaced Instagram to become the second most penetrated social platform. While the digitalization of the market is happening at a fast pace, it has also opened up opportunities for specializations like e-commerce, Digital Content, Video Planning solutions, Technology and Data & Analytics in Pakistan. GroupM Pakistan is a closely knit community where we value differences in opinions and thrive amidst this growth. Be a part of our dynamic team now!
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume