Residence Manager, Grade- EO, Islamabad
Foreign & Commonwealth OfficeFull time Full day
Note: All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, experience-based segment and the behaviours and technical/ professional skills-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.’’
Main Purpose of Job:
We are looking for a Residence Manager to manage operations, staffing and events in the High Commissioner’s Residence. This is an important and fast-paced role within the British High Commission Residence, working directly to one of the UK’s most senior diplomats, whereby the jobholder will be required to provide a high level of support to fit in with both family and official demands. The quality of work provided by this role has a great impact on the wider Residence team. An ability to build respectful and trusting working relations is essential.
The role includes organising official events, looking after VIP official Residence guests, managing the Residence staff, and overseeing maintenance and repairs of the property. The Manager will also provide effective leadership to the Residence team to deliver first class events, including lunches, dinners, breakfasts, and receptions for several hundred guests, in both formal and informal settings. Staff management will include providing coaching to the Residence team on a regular basis and arranging appropriate training.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Ensure value for money relating to procurement for all Residence events, ensuring proper record-keeping of expenditure in liaison with Corporate Services.
- Managing arrangements for official VIP guests, houseguests, and visitors to Residence for meetings, and ensuring their needs are met.
- Design and deliver events including menu planning, themes and décor/setups, staffing, placement, and catering.
- Arranging outside caterers as and when necessary for events.
- Functions – writing and sending invitations, confirming guest numbers, welcoming guests to the event, handling last-minute changes of plan, ensuring all arrangements for the event are in place.
- Management of Residence staff, supervising Residence staff, organising their duty rosters and overseeing overtime, TOIL, leave, uniforms, etc.
- King’s Birthday Party – assist with invitations, supervision of all arrangements for the event.
- Responsible for food & drink inventories and replenishment.
- Liaise with TWG for maintenance and repairs of the Residence.
- Record keeping of contacts, menus, guest lists, events, room layouts, gift register for High Commissioner.
- Respond to complaints, reports and requests.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
Residence Manager will manage 7 x Residence staff
Operate Residence cash imprest and keep track of expense records in liaison with Corporate Services
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Qualification in hospitality and previous experience in event management
- University degree in relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience of managing a small team
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good personal presentation and discretion
- Excellent English and Urdu – both written and spoken
Language: English & Urdu Language
Level of language required: Excellent written and oral (or spoken, if you prefer) skills in both the languages
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Working experience relevant to the job
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook are necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Friendly, confident and able to work with minimal supervision
Changing and Improving, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Working Together
Application deadline Application deadline - day Application deadline - month Application deadline - year
31 May 2023
Executive Officer (EO)
Type of Position
Working hours per week
South Asia & Afghanistan
Type of Post
British High Commission
Number of vacancies
PKR 174,259 per month
Start Date Start Date - day Start Date - month Start Date - year
1 July 2023
Other benefits and conditions of employment
For BHC candidates, the Country Based Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply. For other than BHC candidates the basic salary will be PKR 174,259 per month.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work forces are women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCDO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
’Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, motivational segment and the behaviour-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.’’
Please note applications without (a) and (b) will not be considered.
A. Complete the Online Application Form
B. Complete the Motivation and Competency Segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to inform their current line managers, else the applications will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by 31st May 2023 (latest by 23:55 hours PKT).
Please note that all the applicants will be required to strictly adhere to the security guidelines for British High Commission
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and no telephone enquires will be dealt with. Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 6 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate.
The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, medical, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume