Plant Engineer, Grade- AA, Islamabad
Foreign & Commonwealth OfficeFull time Full day
Note: All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, experience-based segment and the behaviours and technical/ professional skills-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.’’
Main purpose of job:
Plant Engineer will be expected to oversee the safe and efficient running of plant room machinery as per below job specification, showing flexibility and willingness to help in tasks assigned by the Plant Supervisor.
Job Role and responsibilities:
- Managing professionally the operation of Boilers, Chillers, compressor Chillers, Air Handling Units, Fan Coil Units, Humidifiers with number of Actuators and appended controllers, Air Compressors, Pressurisation Vessels, Cooling Towers, Heating Clarifiers, Domestic Hot Water Clarifiers and a large number of pumps in order to avoid interruptions.
- Ability to oversee operation of electrical generators and load management during electrical interruptions / break downs
- Managing daily chemical testing and sampling of boilers water chillers (chilled and closed condenser water), CDA water, softener water, cooling towers, regeneration of softeners, brine solution preparation, chemicals dozing, anti-scalant dozing, blow down of cooling tower water and the system water for maintaining its TDS limits within parameters. Keep accurate records on this process.
- Managing water resources including number of supply lines and reservoirs, bore wells, CDA supply, evaluation of consumption, differences by recording and analysing them daily.
- Ensuring room and zone temperatures by managing operation of chillers and allied equipment.
- Strong ability to interpret operational reading in log books with 100 parameters of pressure and temperatures after designated intervals.
- Managing/analysing/maintaining medium temperature boiler’s efficiency to minimise fuel consumption.
- Drinking water testing/lab analysis, chemical, bacteriological testing along with legionella checks.
- To perform chlorination to all water tanks. Its daily chemical analysis and dozing.
- Ability to endorse day-to-day maintenance progress in pre-defined action diaries.
- Updating records as per guidance of line manager
- Follow and implement FCDO health & safety policy.
- Any other task assigned by LM or section Head.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
1X Plant room technician
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum 2nd class boiler engineer certificate registered with Boiler examination board with 5 to 10 years’ hands-on experience in similar role.
- At least 5 years’ experience of HVAC system including BMS system.
- Experience in operation of generators
- Hand on experience of MS office
- Report writing skills
- Knowledge about Health and Safety
Level of language required: Good
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Graduate (14 years) or DAE (3 years) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from recognised institute. 1st class boiler engineer certificate registered with Boiler examination board
- Health & Safety certification, eg IOSH MS
- IT skills
- BMS skills Certification
- Valid DL
Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Working Together
Application deadline Application deadline - day Application deadline - month Application deadline - year
4 June 2023
Administrative Assistant (AA)
Type of Position
Working hours per week
South Asia & Afghanistan
Type of Post
British High Commission
Number of vacancies
PKR 91,595 per month
Start Date Start Date - day Start Date - month Start Date - year
1 September 2023
Other benefits and conditions of employment
For BHC candidates, the Country Based Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply. For other than BHC candidates the basic salary will be PKR 91,595 per month.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work forces are women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCDO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
’Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, motivational segment and the behaviour-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.’’
Please note applications without (a) and (b) will not be considered.
A. Complete the Online Application Form
B. Complete the Motivation and Competency Segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to inform their current line managers, else the applications will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by 04th June 2023 (latest by 23:55 hours PKT).
Please note that all the applicants will be required to strictly adhere to the security guidelines for British High Commission
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and no telephone enquires will be dealt with. Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 6 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate.
The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, medical, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume