Civil Engineer (Female)
DevCon-An Association for Rural DevelopmentFull time Full day
19th May, 2023
Last date to apply
4th June, 2023
“Bringing Inclusive and Sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Services to Schools in Pakistan”.
Civil Engineer (Female)
Number of Positions
Duration of Contract
One Year (Extendable)
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
The Civil Engineer WASH will ensure that consistent high quality, technically viable water, sanitation and hygiene services are provided under DevCon’s Schools WASH Project in Karachi.
The other responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical leadership and support including reviews & technical design evaluation in project target schools’ WASH infrastructure schemes.
- Support and advise DevCon management and stakeholders on technical aspects related to WASH project infrastructure schemes.
- Conduct needs assessments, technical feasibility studies, prepare detailed engineering designs, BOQs, and assess & identify needs for improvements of the new and current WASH infrastructure in targeted schools.
- Execute the construction plans of Wash facilities in project target schools.
- Develop technical notes, review papers, and documentation on the technologies and products to expand WASH programme.
- Disseminate technical knowledge, and skills on WASH programme and related construction activities to DevCon management, project staff and partner.
- Organize and conduct training and orientation of DevCon team and school’s management on technical matters related to WASH infrastructure works.
- Participate in establishing effective monitoring, information and reporting systems and development of communication materials and strategies;
- Represent DevCon at various relevant WASH forums in Karachi.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the DevCon management.
- University degree in Civil Engineering.
- 3-5 years professional work experience in WASH sector with current knowledge of the latest developments and technologies in water, sanitation and hygiene
- Demonstrated skills in carrying out technical designing and evaluation of WASH projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills including ability to write technical documents and give presentations to colleagues within and outside DevCon.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in working effectively in an independent capacity and as a member of a team.
- Travel and work in the field.
- Commitment to DevCon’s organizational values.
- Commitment to personal learning, development and improvement in pursuit of own objectives and those of the team and organization.
- Creative and able to take initiative.
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision.
- A team player, able to work in a collaborative way in a diverse team environment.
DevCon is an equal opportunity employer; Women, Individuals from minority groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
DevCon does not tolerate (Zero Tolerance) sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.
All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume