Site Reliability Engineer II
CareemFull time Full day
Careem is building ‘the everything app’ for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
Site Reliability Engineer II
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-
hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and
mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting
institution that inspires.
Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100+ cities across 14 countries and has created
more than one million job opportunities in the region and hosts over 30 million users
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for someone passionate about automation, tooling, and frameworks to join the
Developer Experience (DevX) team. You will be part of the team that has the mandate to enable
engineers across all functional divisions at Careem to move as fast as possible, while maintaining our
high quality and correctness expectations. DEVx work ranges from maintaining our CICD fleet, to
optimizing our build and release workflows, to more SRE flavored work providing monitoring and
Key responsibilities include:
- Engage with engineers throughout Careem to learn about pain points, and work alongside a
- Architect systems/solutions with a focus on scalability, testability, and maintainability
- Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability
- Support the rest of the DEVx team in adoption by Engineers in such a way that makes on-
- Design, write and review application code.
- Develop, maintain, and extend a variety of systems, including open-source, ready-made, and in-
- Collaborate, coach, and mentor colleagues on an energetic, growing team.
- You'll have the opportunity to extend our existing Solutions. This will include modifying or
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training,
- Expert Knowledge in Developing and debugging in one these Java, Go, Python,Bash.
- Experience with terraform and Cloud Formation.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus.
- Unquenchable thirst for learning new things.
- Obsession about keeping costs low while building solutions.
- Experience of Kubernetes is a plus.
- Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power
provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a
quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organization that offers flexible ways of working from the office and home.
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume