GroupM | Manager – Legal and corporate affairs
GroupMFull time Full day
Overview of job
GroupM is world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. GroupM is seeking a Manager- Legal and Corporate Affairs who has experience in Corporate/in house legal work with the capability of delivering work independently and working with a fast pace under pressure environment to meet the deadlines.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
You will work closely with internal agencies to handle various legal matters pertaining to contracting, laws and regulations.
You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad responsibilities, but with strong command over contract law, media and entertainment law, company law, data privacy law, commercial law and intellectual property laws pertaining the media and entertainment industry. You should have strong drafting, negotiation, and legal analytical skills. Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to interact with clients, senior business personnel and stakeholders in the systems. Self-directed and highly motivated attitude coupled with an ability to lead and work collaboratively in a high performing team.
Having previous experience of corporate secretarial work is plus.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Legal Director & Company Secretary
3 best things about the job:
- Exposure of media related areas and effective learning
- Flexibility to do work independently.
- Diversity within the field of Law/Media
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Know-how of the media industry and how things work within
In six months:
- Nexus with different media vendors, clients, SECP, other regulatory bodies & other stakeholders
- Independently working under the supervision of the Legal Director & Company Secretary.
In 12 months:
- Learning how to deliver on time and before time.
- Developing the skills of compliance
What your day job looks like at GroupM:
- Providing accurate, relevant, and timely advice to the company and other members of staff on a variety of legal topics that relate to the business sector and their services.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various commercial contracts and agreements.
- Managing and mitigating legal risks by designing and implementing company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business.
- Promoting legal, compliance and risk management best practice throughout the company.
- Communicating with and managing any third-party bodies such as external counsel or auditors.
- Staying up-to-date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules and regulations that directly affect your business and specific industry.
- Liaising with senior members of staff and other stakeholders.
- Corporate Secretarial work including SECP/CDC filing.
- SOX Compliance (for audit).
- Dealing with PBA and APNS regarding appointments of new clients and NOC's for leaving clients.
- IMS and monitoring litigation
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum LLB from a recognized university (preferably from a foreign university)
- 3+ years’ relevant experience post completion of law graduation in professional practice and/or in in-house experience in contract management, company law, IP Law, contract law, commercial law, media, and entertainment law.
- Proficient in English.
- Good communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Diligent and responsible professional.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, Essence MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
The Pakistani media and entertainment industry expected growth in 2018 is 10%. The introduction of 3G and 4G along with a Cellular Mobile Tele-density of 70.83% makes Pakistan’s an exciting market with enormous potential. The rapidly increasing 45 million user internet subscriber-base with a 50mn broadband subscriber base (24.5% penetration) shows an optimistic growth for any media and advertising professional.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume