Senior Migration Health Nurse
United Nations PakistanFull time Full day
IOM, as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO) and the direct supervision of the Senior Migration Health Physician (SMHP) the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) located at ISB/LHR/KHI.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities: -
1. Assist in the coordination of daily nursing activities in the Migration Health Assessment Clinic (MHAC) to fulfil the technical requirements of the resettlement countries in the areas of:
a. Medical examinations
c. Laboratory testing;
e. TB management;
f. Treatment and referrals;
g. Pre-departure procedures and medical movements;
h. Documentation, certification and information transmission; and,
i. Other technical areas as may be required.
2. Provide health education and counselling to the migrants and/or refugee in relation to:
- The migration health assessment process; and,
- Treatments and referrals.
- Pre and/or post counselling on TB or HIV education, prevention, and management as appropriate
- Pre-departure evaluation
3. Assist CMHO, SMHP in the development of information, health education materials.
4. Ensure implementation of a proper identification procedure for all migrants and/or refugees in relation to health assessment process.
5. Ensure implementation of Health Assessment Programme’s check lists and SOP’s, assist CMHO, SMHP to monitor standard universal precautions within MHAC.
6. Participate in quality improvement and quality assurance procedures for nursing activities, contribute to review and update SOPs.
7. Verify the MHAC pharmacy stock, analyze the data, and follow up on preparation of medical kits and emergency kits within the MHAC and for medical escorts followed the guideline if applicable.
8. Create schedules, rotations and assign tasks to nurses, maintaining workflow, conduct assessment and providing feedback to SMHP for improvement.
9. Facilitate in administrative reports preparation and program updates as necessary.
10. Contribute to the planning and execution of mobile missions if applicable.
11. Verify the pre-departure documents and assist in the preparations as necessary.
12. Perform medical escort duties when required to ensure migrants receive continued care throughout all phases of migration (before departure, during the journey and at the destination).
13. Maintain collaborative relationships with various partners to facilitate the follow up and relevant information sharing. Partners include internal IOM departments, other health providers, panel physicians, embassies other UN agencies or NGO’s and others as applicable.
14. Collect statistical information and share with the CMHO and SMHP as per preset and agreed upon format.
15. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited academic institution with four years of professional work experience.
- Master’s degree or higher from an accredited academic institution is advantageous.
- A valid license to practice nursing in Pakistan.
- Minimum of four years of relevant clinical experience with at least two years in a supervisory role
- Excellent technical skills, including in phlebotomy.
- Training or working experience in the areas of Tuberculosis management, mass immunizations, communicable diseases, laboratory testing or public health is an advantage.
- Knowledge of and experience in clinical nursing.
- Managerial experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of principles of preventive care and disease control.
- Knowledge of and experience in implementation of patient safety and infection prevention and control.
- Computer literacy required: MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access).
- Leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of Vaccine Protocols as practiced in Pakistan under EPI program.
- Studied Midwifery as a subject during Nursing Degree
- Knowledge of Medical Procurement and stock maintenance.
- Fluency in English and Urdu is required (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of other local language is desirable.
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume