Middle Data Engineer
CiklumFull time Full day
Ciklum is looking for a Middle Data Engineer to join our team full-time in Pakistan.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Middle Data Engineer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for our Client.
About the Project:
Client is a provider of a fruit and veg box delivery service intended to reduce food waste.
Client is a social impact business fighting food waste in UK farms with innovative solutions and their first solution is London’s first wonky fruit and veg box scheme.
Data stack: Snowflake, Fivetran, DBT & Looker
- Contributes design, code, configurations, and documentation for components that manage data ingestion, real time streaming, batch processing, data extraction, transformation, and loading across multiple data storages
- Owns one or more key components of the infrastructure and works to continually improve it, identifying gaps and improving the platform’s quality, robustness, maintainability, and speed
- Interacts with engineering teams and ensures that solutions meet customer requirements in terms of functionality, performance, availability, scalability, and reliability
- Performs development, QA, and dev-ops roles as needed to ensure total end to end responsibility of solutions
- 2+ years of experience coding in SQL, Java, Python, C# or Scala, with solid CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design
- 1+ years of hands-on implementation experience working with a combination of the following technologies: Snowflake, Fivetran, DBT & Looker
- 1+ years of experience in cloud data platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of SQL and MPP databases (e.g. Vertica, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, design, implementation and optimization
- Knowledge of BI reports and dashboards design and implementation
- Knowledge of development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience participating in an Agile software development team, e.g. SCRUM
- A consistent track record of delivering exceptionally high quality software on large, complex, cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a top CS program required. Masters preferred
- Experience with supporting data scientists and complex statistical usecases highly desirable
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure design and implementation
- Experience in data science and machine learning
- Experience in backend development and deployment
- Experience in CI/CD configuration
- Works under general direction, accepts guidance and has work reviewed at agreed milestones
- Has working-level contact with customers and colleagues
- May supervise others or make decisions which impact the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects
- Performs a range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine
- Demonstrates effective communication skills
- Plans, schedules and monitors own work (and that of others where applicable) competently
- Contributes fully to the work of teams
What's in it for you
- Benefits: We offer extremely competitive benefits & perks that includes but not limited to comprehensive medical coverage, life-insurance, gym membership, fuel, internet and mobile allowances and provident fund
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Boost your skills and make a difference with cutting-edge projects, skilled colleagues and the latest tech stacks.
Join our friendly team and seize the perks of global opportunities, a dynamic environment and well-known customers.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume