LOGISTICS & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
Oxfam GBFull time Full day
Ensures effective and efficient operation of the Admn & Logistic function across the country program to deliver timely, reliable and accurate, and high-quality reporting and requirements using a risk-based approach.
Supports CLT in compliance controls by providing operational and strategic analysis and management reports for business planning, decision-making, and risk management.
Ensures compliance with local laws and statutory reporting requirements as well as Oxfam and donors’ policies and procedures.
The job holder is expected to contribute to operational planning and implementation of corporate and regional initiatives.
Contributes to developing and delivering targets and plans within the country program and possibly more widely within the OI.
Support to Emergency Response activities. •
- to Identify suppliers with capacity to support emergency response •
- Supports Head of Operations to carry out a market scan for goods and services for emergency preparedness •
- Participate in emergency response meetings at country level •
- Implement emergency procurement guidelines and procures for logistics and administration.
- Establish and orient staff and partners on principles of partnership and partnership management; facilitate on-boarding of new partners; build capacity of humanitarian and comms staff to effectively work with partners around Logistics & Administration.
- Coordinate the strengthening of local and national partners’ capacity to deliver quality results, working across relevant departments to set up systems for capacity building.
- Work across departments to identify and address partnership-related action points, and to introduce new ways of working to make partnerships more effective as an Logistics & Administration.
- Support partners in procurement, vehicle, assets and inventory management.
- Engage with partners on PARCEL (The Partner Capacity Enhancement in Logistics)
- Supervise supply/procurement plans for emergency response in collaboration with programme staff of Oxfam and partners.
- Be responsible for the overall management of procurements, contracts, and framework agreements in line with Oxfam guidelines, policies, procedures, and donors’ requirements.
- Manage quotation and tender level procurements in a competitive, transparent, and accountable manner.
- Lead on procurement activities for emergency response and implementation of all standard tools and systems (management, training and roll-out), as necessary.
- Represent Logistics function in project proposal development for emergency response with key inputs on procurement (market, prices, and lead time) in accordance with the Pakistan context.
- Ensure regular updates of the procurement and contract trackers with complete and accurate information for analysis purposes.
- Consolidation and submission of procurement reports to all stakeholders at the country and regional level.
- Monitor supplier’s registration in Oxfam system and maintain price list for goods and services.
- Work in collaboration with Oxfam and partners staff and participate in regular planning and committee meetings.
- Maintain effective and timely communication with partner organisations for reception and delivery of goods to field locations
Inventory and Assets Management
- Ensure Complete and accurate information and audit trail of all Oxfam stock and assets
- Selection of proper warehouse in filed areas for Oxfam humanitarian and development programme /projects as required.
- Ensure that control mechanisms are in place for warehouse and have approved list of staff that can enter the warehouse.
- Develop capacity of partner organization staff Oxfam staff on warehouse management.
- Ensure stock movement is updated on daily basis.
- Ensure timely repair and maintenance of the warehouse.
- Working closely with logistics staff for ensuring quality of items /goods, put in place quality ensuring procedures in warehouse and establishing proper receiving and issuing systems.
- Active participate in partnership management group.
- Ensure assets tagging
- Ensure assets registers are updated all the time.
- Ensure updated assets tracking sheet
- Liaison with Government departments and agencies to obtain permits, visa processing, MoU related issues, when needed
- To be able to support the country program on obtaining project / program NoCs from EAD
- Establish working relations with FBR, NDMA, and PDMA to get NOCs, certificates, etc. when required
- To contribute to development of Security Management Plan from support functions
- Carry out security assessment of new geographical areas, humanitarian project initial assessments
- Support security team in developing and implementation of SOPs.
- Train drivers, guards and support staff on office security SOPs and to ensure they are implemented
- Implement the security measures at office in collaboration with security team
- To gather and disseminate security related information to support staff
- Attend security meetings when needed to represent Oxfam
Transport and Vehicle Management
- Responsible to Oxfam Country office vehicles, develop vehicles allocation /booking system
- Run hiring processes for vehicles as per organizational policies and procedures.
- Train and manage Oxfam drivers including rented to ensure they understand Oxfam driving policy and vehicles management procedures and requirement.
- Ensure monthly personal usage of vehicles deduction
- Ensure that logbooks of all vehicles and maintained properly.
- Ensue drivers adhere to the drivers’ rules and regulation for driving and maintain high standard of vehicles safety.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Master’s degree in social sciences or a related field.
- At least ten years of demonstrated work experience in the field of Logistics & Administration.
- Prior experience of working in a similar role within a consortium or under a partnership model
- Ability to liaise with and represent Oxfam to wide range of actors at country, regional and international levels
- Strong people-management skills.
- Strong commitment to gender, diversity issues, equal opportunities and capacity building •
- Demonstrates high level of integrity, tenacity, work ethics and sound judgement • Provide advice to managers and employees on logistics, procurement and administration, regulation and procedures
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action and commitment to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies, Oxfam’s aims and objectives.
- Supportive and effective manager and team player
- Willingness to travel extensively, mostly within the country
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Experience of working on issues including disaster risk reduction, climate change, agriculture, education, good governance.
- Prior experience of similar work.
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Operations, to act as key contributor to Oxfam, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their respective fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 21 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
A thriving diverse Oxfam:
It’s people power that brings about change. To play our part as a global organisation working to overcome poverty and inequality, we need equality, diversity and inclusion across our community of staff, partners and volunteers. Together, we’re committed to becoming a more diverse workforce, better able to tackle the global challenges that face our world today.
To do that:
- We need to dismantle the unequal power structures that exist everywhere, this including Oxfam and the wider development and charity sectors.
- We need an inclusive Oxfam where everyone can bring who they are to our work and feels celebrated for the differences they bring.
- We want and need everyone, and that means we need you.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume