Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Developments in LiteracyFull time Full day
24th May, 2023
Last date to apply
3rd June, 2023
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
To develop and implement M&E systems focused on data collection, analysis and reporting to ensure the implementation of policies and strategies according to the M&E framework
To Improve the quality of DIL Program & Training through maintaining efficient and effective monitoring & evaluation systems to improve accountability. The position focuses on data collection, analysis and reporting to ensure effective implementation of policies and strategies according to the M&E framework.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Assists program, training and IT Program in developing systematic and realistic monitoring tools that capture quantitative and qualitative data to report project performance indicators.
- Conducts baseline surveys, follow-on monitoring and evaluation exercises to ensure the quality and accountability of various on-going projects.
- Analyzes the collected data for accountability and quality of projects
- Formulates analytical report of assessment/evaluation and shares with the relevant department manager.
- Ensures that monitoring and evaluation findings, lessons learnt and recommendations are integrated into management efforts for improved programming.
- Facilitates documentation, reporting of assessments, program data and best practices for internal and external sharing
- Carries out regular onsite monitoring of projects as directed by M&E manager, project manager and technical coordinators and provides on spot necessary guidance
- Conducts frequent field visits to collect and collate monitoring report for each project site
- Ensure compliance with relevant policies as set by DIL standards
- Develops and maintains effective information database on projects
- Acts as a focal person for communication and coordinating information request and documentation of practices for internal and external sharing.
- Performs other monitoring tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the relevant departments
- Assists M&E Manager in developing and strengthening M&E framework & plans
- Supports Programs & Training teams in developing new initiatives by providing data and other relevant information
- Provides M&E in put in development of new proposals/projects
- Coordinates with relevant departments for monitoring & evaluation visits to project areas
- In consultation with Program & Training Director, reviews quarterly, semi/annual training & program reports and provides feedback on M&E issues pertaining to content and processes to gather data
- Builds capacities of & supports SOs in area of M&E
- Assists M&E Manager & relevant departments in developing measurable performance indicators to assess and evaluate the effectiveness of various program and training processes & functions related to DIL schools overall management, curriculum, teaching and learning
Education, qualification, skills and experience:
Education: (Formal degree)
- Masters/Bachelors degree in Social Sciences
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in development sector, preferably with an I/NGO
Skills: (Essential and Desirable)
- Oral communication skills (E)
- Report writing skills (D)
- Strong analytical skills for qualitative and quantitative data (E)
Technical knowledge/ know how
- Excellent computer skills especially software for statistical analysis like MS Excel, SPSS etc.
DIL Core Values and Commitments;
- Transformation: We transform lives and empower communities by pursuing innovative ideas and approaches that improve students' learning outcomes and soft skills
- Excellence: We are committed to achieving the highest level of impact through excellence in service delivery and educational products
- Collaboration: We take a democratic and participatory approach in all aspects of our work
- Equity: We exercise fairness, compassion and respect when dealing with each other and those around us
- Integrity: We strive to set high moral and ethical standards for ourselves and to gain the trust of others
- Transparency: We exercise strong internal controls and transparency and are fully accountable to our donors and the people we serve
- Flexibility: We drive and embrace change and are willing to try out different, pioneering approaches
DIL is committed to ensuring that DIL staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the DIL’s Child Protection Policy.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume