Aga Khan Health Service, PakistanFull time Full day
24th May, 2023
Last date to apply
31st May, 2023
Aga Khan Health Service, Pakistan is looking for a seasoned and dynamic Purchase Officer for Central Office, Karachi.
- Ensuring compliances of AKHS, P polices and procedure of Purchase, Inventory & Distribution.
- To obtain quotations for capital & consumable items and make necessary documentation for decision making.
- To carry out the process of procurement (from obtaining purchase requisition to execution of purchase orders) along with the proper documentation of capital and consumable items.
- To follow up with suppliers and vendors regarding supplies & equipment deliveries.
- Sound knowledge of tender process for capital and non-capital items.
- To coordinate with regions regarding day-to-day issues.
- To perform any other task assigned by the supervisor.
- Facilitate in Installation, user training & maintenance of equipment of North & Chitral through Company/Bio medical services.
- Undertakes other duties as required by Assistant Manager, Purchase.
- Willing to travel whenever required.
- Handling issues arise pertinent to supplies.
- Ensuring product recall in case of quality issues and replacements
- Ensuring claims of warranties and guarantees from suppliers
- Following with finance on supplier payments.
- Entering order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
- Maintaining updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Monitoring stock levels and place orders as needed
- Coordinating with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
- Executing sourcing strategy, including tendering, analysis, selection of and negotiation with suppliers
- Crafting and placing of legal agreements/contracts and confidentiality agreements
- Researching potential vendors
- Comparing and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Completing documentation requirement for getting new /local vendors on board.
- Marking and analysing the performance of the supplier and elaborating the level of satisfaction.
- Managing contracts/agreements of tenancy, Logistics and other service contracts.
- Order placing and follow up of non-group purchase items
- Looking different suppliers in the case of shortage of any item (consumable) from non-group purchase.
Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Minimum 2 year experience in relative field
- Demonstrate polite and courteous behaviour at all time
- Demonstrate positive attitudes in those in authority and to suppliers/ customers.
- Good Computer Skills
- Team builder
- Awareness of store keeping
- Strong Ms. Excel, Word & Power Point skills
- Should be aware of usage of Ms. Dynamics 365 (ERP).
- Ability to speak and understand English
AKHS is committed to reducing our impact on climate and the environment and have set ourselves the goal of striving for net-zero carbon operations by 2030. All staff is expected to take part in making this a reality. The Purchase Officer accompanied with his/her Line Manager is expected to identify and understand which aspects of his/her work have most impact on the environment, and define tasks, work, and personal goals within his/her work plan to reduce these impacts and bring AKHS closer to net zero.
Interested candidates meeting the criteria can apply latest by May 31, 2023.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume