Big Data Engineer
DMK Consultancy InternationalFull time Full day
Category: Engineering Career Level: Professional Number of Vacancies: 1 Required Qualification: BS (In relevant Field), MCS Required Certification: Required Experience (years): 5 Salary Per Month: Negotiable Allowances Offered: Required Gender: Male Last Date: 15-Aug-2023 Location: Karachi, Pakistan Job Description: The individual selected for this position will have an active role in the development or migration of large-scale, enterprise-wide initiatives to build a platform or custom applications that will be used for the acquisition, transformation, entity extraction and mining of content on behalf of business units across Clarivate Analytics. This individual will contribute to solutions across the entire architecture stack in building cloud-native applications using the current technologies including Java, Spark, Hive, Hadoop, JSON, XML, Micro Services, PostgreSQL, Greenplum, and NoSQL databases. This role will have the opportunity to work across a global footprint and with different business units
Key Responsibilities (Technical)
Key Responsibilities (Technical)
- This individual will work closely with users, technical leads, project managers, and other cross-functional development teams to design and deliver software solutions. This includes writing and designing software, making modifications to existing software, and integrating applications within the core pathway.
- Expertise in Big Data design and development.
- Experience working with all aspects of distributed processing, including Hadoop, Hive, Apache Spark, and Cassandra.
- Active coding in key technologies is required for this development position and includes Java, Scala, Apache Spark, Hive, XSLT, Git, Linux, AWS, PostgreSQL, and Greenplum.
- Develops cloud-native applications, including systems integration.
- The individual will also be responsible for applying working knowledge of OO design patterns to develop enterprise-level and cloud-native solutions.
- Strong aptitude for problem-solving, particularly to modify and enhance processes and workflows
- Demonstrated skills in optimizing Big data system performance
- This individual must develop software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies.
- Demonstrates the ability to translate plain requirements into effective technical design and solutions
- Delivering quality of the software to our QA team is an important function of this position and this individual will be responsible for creating and executing unit tests on the code that they write for their applications.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and collaboration skills, and has experience in working with cross functional and cross geography teams.
- This team works in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
Experience: 5 Years
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume
Food Service Worker, Clifton Medical Services
Clifton Medical Services, Aga Khan University HospitalFull time Full day
Introduction The Aga Khan University Hospital in addition to its five Hospitals creates access through its Outreach Services which include Clinical Laboratories, Outpatient Medical Centres, Pharmacy services, Home Health and other services. Outreach Services are designed to provide primary to...
Machine Operator, Laundry & Linen Services Department
Laundry and Linen Services, Materials Management, Aga Khan UniversityFull time Full day
Introduction Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries distributed across three continents. As an integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network, AKU provides higher...
Consultant (Civil Engineer)
United Nations PakistanFull time Full day
Purpose of the Consultancy/Background Purpose of the consultancy is to get the refurbishment of health Centres as per quality standards/specifications and to oversee the refurbishment works at provincial level Planned timelines (subject to confirmation) 3 months, to start from July...