Control Room Operator
WärtsiläFull time Full day
Control Room Operator
Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We Wärtsilians help our customers unlock the value of energy transition by optimizing their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 74 GW of power plant capacity and more than 80 energy storage systems in 180 countries around the world?
In this fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services - together. Want to join the ride?
Job Location: Gul Ahmed Textile, Landhi, Karachi, Pakistan
- Monitor all parameters of the engine and auxiliaries during operation.
- Assist shift / electrical engineer with operation and maintenance.
- Utilize tools, equipment, and accessories in such a manner as to maximize useful operating life
- Be able to identify and locate all existing sensors and transmitters of pressure and temperature of the engines and their auxiliary equipment, knowing how to test them and substitute them if necessary
- Responsible for safe startup/Synchronization of all engines.
- Reset alarmed equipment on plant panels, be able to identify the alarms which occurred in the electric panels and equipment protection and to correct all abnormalities that occur in these equipment.
- Report to shift / electrical engineer in case of any abnormality.
- Take an active part in troubleshooting and maintenance jobs during shifts.
- Attend all control room activities.
- Follow all safety regulations
- Switching of HV/MV/LV where applicable.
- Communication with NPCC as per PPA requirement (where applicable)
- Operate SCADA (where applicable)
- Carry out any other job assigned to him from time to time
- Successful planning, implementation and application of all activities related to shift operations as per Wärtsilä Standards and Procedures.
- Implementation of Power Purchase Agreement operational clauses. Safe and economic operation & maintenance of Power Plant
Education & Experience requirement:
- Diploma in Electrical with 3 years of experience.
- Experience in the Operation and/or Maintenance of a Power Plant
- Willingness to relocate to Karachi
- Experience of electrical maintenance activities
- Good Communication skills
- Cost awareness & effectiveness skills
- Teamwork skills
- Wärtsilä quality, safety & environment awareness
Why you and us:
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for. Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
You will be a part of a global organization with local presence and work in an exciting and dynamic working environment with highly motivated and skilled co-workers. We offer interesting and challenging work tasks, as well as personal and professional development in a great team.
Last application date: 08/06/2023
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume