Senior Backend Engineer (Golang)
eMumbaFull time Full day
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and maintain scalable software and services.
- Collaborate directly with Tech and Product Leads to develop and maintain cutting-edge software.
- Contribute to technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- Design and implement high-availability services and microservices.
- Develop core platform services and back-end APIs.
Must Have Attributes
Proficiency in Go language with 1+ years of hands-on experience in it.
- Solid understanding of core language components like go-routines, channels, go-modules, godep and gRPC.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs.
- Data modeling expertise in a relational or NoSQL datastore.
- Familiarity with time-series databases like Influx or TimescaleDB.
- Ability to write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
Nice To Have
Understanding of concurrent and async programming.
- Experienced in monitoring systems like Prometheus and ELK.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes or any other service orchestration system.
- Understanding of distributed computing concepts and various distributed solutions such as Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, Apache Spark.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline.
Good problem-solving and communications skills.
Emumba offers an outstanding culture that focuses on learning opportunities, international exposure, and career growth.
Some of the many benefits we offer:
Health and Fitness
- Health and maternity coverage
- Expert-led fitness training programs
- Sports Clubs
- Competitive Salary
- Provident Fund (7.5%)
- Bi-annual reviews
Mentorship and Employee Growth
- Mentoring and grooming through a designated mentor
- Exclusive access to Emumba’s Corporate Toastmasters Club
- Sponsored Certifications
- 360-degree performance reviews
- Flexible timings
- Accommodation for outstation employees
- Option to work remotely
- Sumptuous and fresh home-cooked lunches daily
This Culture Deck depicts the core values and principles the company wants all it’s people to live by. Taking a few minutes to go over it will help a lot in understanding what it means to work at a place like Emumba
Emumba started in 2011 as a product company with two flagship products: Cricout (a social network around Cricket), and PatientsWithPower (a healthcare platform for cancer patients and treatment hospitals). Both products, though technically successful, were a business failure. Emumba made a pivot to the software services business in 2015 and has never looked back since then. Based out of Islamabad, the company now has 200 people with world class customers
Emumba works in 4 verticals
Frontend, dashboards, and visualizations (checkout our homegrown dashboarding framework K2)
- Backend and data engineering
- Devops and cloud infrastructure
- Ultra low latency software (read more here)
Majority of the customers are based out of the United States, while a few others are in the UK. Some of the popular names include Microsoft, Salesforce, Twitch (an Amazon company), Saudi Business Machine (IBM in KSA), A10 Networks (a US public enterprise networking company), Aera Technologies, Extreme Network, Aviatrix, many more
Emumba’s outstanding leadership team, composed of Silicon Valley veterans and seasoned engineering leaders, has been able to build a great culture around the principles of freedom, responsibility, and a relentless pursuit of excellence.
Please reach out at [email protected]
Bachelor or Masters degree in CS or any related field
Federal Capital & AJK
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume
Human Resource & Admin Person - WFH/ Remote Work Available (Fresh Grads Welcome to Apply)
Seeka TechnologyFull time Full day
Company Description SEEKA Technologies (Not Seeka Limited) is a project under its parent organization called Fresh Futures Australia which is an education consultant based in both Australia and Malaysia. We are developing and creating a platform that utilises A.I. to...
APW (Mid Term Review Country Cooperation Strategy Pakistan (2020-2025))
UNFull time Full day
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY ONLINE Purpose of the assignment: The midterm review of Country Cooperation Strategy Pakistan 2020-25 (CCS) aims at assessing the overall performance of the Pakistan – WHO collaboration in implementing strategies, focus areas, deliverables and scope of...
Interpreter Assistant (UNOPS) - LICA 4 (JR2318652)
United Nations PakistanFull time Full day
Please visit the following link to view the Job Description and apply for the position: (Only applications received through the below mentioned UNHCR Career Portal will be accepted): https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Islamabad-Pakistan/Interpreter-Assistant_JR2318652 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required...