Chemonics International Inc. - Pakistan Climate Financing Activity (PCFA)Full time Full day
25th May, 2023
Last date to apply
16th June, 2023
SCOPE OF WORK
Climate Finance for Development Accelerator (CFDA)
Pakistan Climate Financing Activity (PCFA) Buy-In
I. Program Overview
Chemonics International, a US-based international development firm, is implementing the USAID Climate Finance for Development Accelerator (CFDA). CFDA is accepting applications from qualified professionals for the anticipated buy-in activity, the Pakistan Climate Financing Activity (PCFA). PCFA aims to mobilize public and private, domestic and international finance for increasing clean energy generation, clean energy systems’ resilience, and adaptation efforts through policy reform, awareness raising, and targeted activities to enhance the role of the private sector in Pakistan. PCFA has two primary objectives:
- Objective 1: De-Risking and Catalyzing Investments in Clean Energy. Under Objective 1, PCFA will support the capacity and linkages for multilateral climate finance proposals for multilateral climate funds (Green Climate Fund, Green Environment Fund, Adaptation Fund). PCFA will build the capacity of relevant ministries in Pakistan for targeted proposal development support, support eligible local entities to become GCF Direct Access Entities (DAEs), and provide a platform for donor coordination. PCFA will also support the private sector, with the goal of building a pipeline of bankable and investable clean energy projects and firms, and linking those projects and firms with climate financing.
- Objective 2: Catalyzing Investment in Resilience and Adaptation. Objective 2 aims to unlock and catalyze public and private finance to strengthen the climate resilience of Pakistan’s energy sector, catalyze investment into other sectors for developing climate-resilient infrastructure, and support the country’s National Adaptation Plan. PCFA will focus on improving the enabling conditions for investment, including shifting market incentives towards climate-smart investments, and increasing public funding allocated to achieving adaptation goals. PCFA will also seek to build capacity of relevant public and private institutions to adapt to climate change through awareness raising.
Chemonics seeks a senior international development professional to serve as Technical Leader of this activity.
II. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, technical direction, and management oversight for all program activities and results.
- Develop and communicate (verbally and in writing) the objective and strategic vision for the program to staff, USAID, and all counterparts and stakeholders.
- Maintain open, two-way communication with USAID and Chemonics’ CFDA team.
- Supervise a lean team of Pakistani staff to ensure that activity implementation plans are developed and implemented, providing technical direction and oversight.
- Ensure contract performance in compliance with contract provisions and in accordance with budget and funding allocations.
- Provide strategic management and oversight of the project’s subcontract and sub-award portfolio.
- Manage and coordinate the implementation of activities across project partners, ensuring successful integration of activities.
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel, subcontractors, and grantees, with a focus on core results, achievement of work plan and targets, and timely implementation.
- Ensure that all program deliverables and work products are provided on time and are of high quality.
- In coordination with CFDA technical team, ensure the dissemination of lessons learned and best practices.
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
III. Required Skills and Experience
- An advanced degree in business administration, finance, energy science, or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Climate Adaptation and Resilience
- Private sector engagement
- Competitive procurement
- Electricity utility services
- Renewable energy deployment
- Energy efficiency
- Deployment of advanced energy technology such as distributed energy, electric vehicles
- Strategic energy sector planning
- Experience implementing USAID activities in Pakistan
- Experience leading projects with grants and subcontracts portfolios
- Strong knowledge of climate finance, renewable energy and energy efficiency, climate adaptation and resilience, and private sector engagement
- Knowledge of the three main multilateral climate funds (Green Climate Fund, Green Environment Facility, Adaptation Fund), including accreditation and proposal development processes
- Experience supervising staff and activity implementation
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills are required.
IV. Reporting Position Location
The Team Leader will report to the CFDA Chief of Party. The position will be based in Islamabad, Pakistan, with intermittent travel in country.
V. Submission Guidelines
Interested applicants should kindly submit a Resume and Cover Letter with the subject line: Team Leader PCFA to [email protected] by June 16, 2023. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume