Expert Tax Audits
Jazz TelecomFull time Full day
Grade Level: L2
Last date to apply: May 31st, 2023
What is Expert Tax Audits?
Expert Tax Audit is responsible for managing tax litigations of PMCL and all entities whilst ensuring that all tax notices are responded in a timely manner. The role is responsible for receiving the notices issued by Tax Authorities and timely update in Litigation Dashboard (Tax litigation portal). Coordinates with Tax consultants and Tax Authorities for tax audits / litigations. Ensures compliance of SOX controls related to tax litigation. Responsible for arranging the information required for tax audits / compliance of tax notices
The role reports directly to the Manager Tax Audits and Reporting with an extended team of 3 team members.
What does Expert Tax Audits do?
- Timely coordination with internal and external stakeholders to devise a strategy relating to new notices and handling existing notices
- Responsible for arranging the information from internal stakeholders and finalizing it for internal reviews before submitting it to Tax consultants / Tax Authorities in a timely manner
- Coordination and follow up with Tax consultants to ensure all responses and information are submitted in a timely manner
- Coordination with Tax consultants / Legal team / Lawyers for timely filing of appeals and stay applications
- Responsible for arranging and sharing information required for stays / writs with Tax consultants / Legal team / Lawyers
- Timely intimation of stays to Tax Authorities to avoid any coercive measures
- Identify and support implementation of end-to-end process improvement initiatives
- Identify information requested by Tax Authorities in a routine manner and coordinate with Tax consultants and internal stakeholders for preparation and archiving of such information after internal reviews
- Analyze and evaluate tax cases to identify risk exposures. Prepare plans to mitigate high and medium risk items and resolve low risk items
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual risk reporting to HQ teams and resolution of queries raised during the process
- Timely and accurate compliance of tax notices
- Evaluate tax cases to identify risks and prepare plans to mitigate risks
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Qualified CA or CA Finalist with a degree equivalent to Bachelors or ACCA with 4-5 years of experience. Telecom sector experience will be preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of tax laws and tax litigation process.
- Online tax portals of all Tax Authorities including STRIVE / IRIS etc.
- Oracle Financials
- MS Office especially MS Word and MS Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder management
- Analytical skills
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our core values include qualities essential for a positive organizational culture - truthfully guiding entrepreneurial and innovative mindsets, harnessing professional and interpersonal collaboration, and fostering across-the-board customer-obsession.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 75 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume