Field Service Representative - Controls & Instrumentation - Karachi/Pakistan
SiemensFull time Full day
Field Service Representative - Controls & Instrumentation – Karachi/Pakistan
The Siemens Generation & Industrial Application Services is looking for a Field Service Engineer (Electrical or Electronics) to join our Field Services team of Services Business. Field service Engineer represents a competent partner in all areas associated with control system of gas turbine, steam turbines and compressors. He is responsible to perform complex and technically demanding work on-site in a specialized area of Field Service for gas turbines, steam turbines or compressors. Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is more difficult and complex.
This position requires a qualified, hands-on, service-oriented to be involved with maintenance activities at site such as planned overhauling or breakdowns. Applicant should show desire to learn and advance to the Field Service Engineering levels.
Your Role – International, Challenging And Future-Oriented!
- Complete pre-commissioning and commissioning activities across one application types and control systems (e.g.PCS7, CLogix, T3000).
- Complete; STARMS set up, troubleshoot systems through reading control logic, carry out cause and effects check on fire and gas monitoring system (Validation of software only), Perform starting and running checks (including operating and driven unit knowledge), perform root cause analysis of start failure, set up DLE mapping, perform a trim balance.
- Have an understanding of packager requirements including quality systems and implications on method of performing activities.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with relevant business partnering teams and external customers in line with Think customer principles.
- Be capable of proactively driving team performance on site and addressing areas for improvement before they impact team morale or the Siemens Energy brand.
- Have the ability to transfer knowledge to customer operating teams.
- Manage and lead onsite teams (Siemens staff, third party workers and Customer operatives).
- Can contribute to the overall planning of the project, on and offsite, in conjunction with the key business stakeholders.
- Complete required site visit documentation i.e., reports, modifications etc. Identify, define, and implement Field Service best practice, responsible for the development and implementation of world class Field Service standards in all aspects of work.
Your Qualifications And Skills – Digital And Solid!
- Bachelor r B-Tech degree in Electrical or Electronics from an accredited university or college
- 8-10 years’ work experience in Field Service with rotating requirement and an understanding of the principles of gas turbine operations.
- Commissioning and / or trouble shooting gas turbines or similar capital equipment experience.
- Excellent customer focus and communication skills.
- A flexible attitude to travel is also required, as you may be required to mobilize on short notice.
- A pro-active attitude towards self-management, ensuring you are within key targets and goals.
- Having good soft skills (MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point)
What do we need to know:
- Willing and able to do frequent travelling (up to 70% around the year).
- Team Player
- Result driven
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume