Jhpiego CorporationFull time Full day
26th May, 2023
Last date to apply
4th June, 2023
Jhpiego Pakistan - an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, under UNFPA funded program, is working to strengthen health systems with regards to women’s health particularly emphasizing upon family planning/post-pregnancy family planning services in collaboration with Department of Health and Population Welfare Department across the country.
Jhpiego Pakistan seeks Program Officer, based in Islamabad.
- Conduct training of community health workers on the first dose of DMPA attached with the health facilities of ICT and ensure entering the training data on TIMS.
- Support Program Coordinator in coordination with local authorities especially with Department of Health at district level for all activities related coordination (Meetings, nominations for the trainings etc.)
- Develop training, on the spot visits with DHO office, community outreach/awareness sessions and LHWs’ follow up meeting plans in coordination with relevant officials and program lead.
- Ensure material and resources to implement training, on the spot visits, community outreach/awareness sessions and LHWs’ follow up meeting plans.
- Organize/ensure that all the activities i-e trainings, supportive supervision visits, and LHWs’ follow up meetings are being conducted as per plan and Jhpiego’ s standards.
- Collect routine services data from facility on monthly basis and submit the data on prescribed format in timely manner and submit on time.
- Ensure trainings and supportive supervision data entry in prescribed format and submission of data and reports in timely manner and whenever requested.
- Coordinate with DHO office to schedule quarterly Infection prevention and control committee meetings.
- Submit required reports on time and whenever requested.
- Provide updates on ongoing activities and situation to the seniors.
- Coordinate with logistic/admin to ensure training arrangement in timely manner
- Facilitate donor/partner visits when and where required.
- Come to Jhpiego’ s office Islamabad after each facility visit
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Preferably Qualified medical doctor, Nurse-Midwife, Midwife
- At least 5 years of working experience with 3 years’ experience in conducting trainings and supervisory visits specifically trainings related to family planning.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills, report writing and communication skills
- Ability to work in complex/emergency situation with good stress and conflict management skills
- Strong advocacy skills, leadership qualities, ability to create synergies, interpersonal skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project.
- Proven professional experience working with nonprofit organizations, an/or government organizations, preferably in family planning program.
- Strong coordination skills and ability to develop positive professional relationship with staff posted at attached public sector facilities
- Good written and spoken English, Urdu and provincial local language
- Good computer skills and experience of working in MS words, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent clinical training and supportive supervisory skills
- Excellent coordination skills with demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Ability to ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and professionalism
- Covid vaccination certificate would be desirable as per government protocols.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. Failure to follow the instructions of applying, your application would be denied.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume