Business Support Assistant (Reception & Registry)-SC4
UNFull time Full day
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Reception & Registry)
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Peshawar, Pakistan
Vacancy Number: 827247
This vacancy announcement is for Nationals from Pakistan.
Note: This vacancy announcement will also be used to build a roster of prequalified applicants for future opportunities within same job profile at the current or lower level in Pakistan.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.
- Remote work may be possible depending upon the operational requirements of the Programme. Requests are assessed on a case-to-case basis, taking into account the personal circumstances of the requestor given the operational situation.
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.2. Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.3. Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.4. Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.5. Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.6. Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.7. Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.8. Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.9. Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Operation of Telephone Exchange➢ Connect all in-coming and out-going calls to the respective staff on daily basis.➢ Check and verify the monthly telephone bills of Telephone Exchange.➢ Receive verbal telephone messages and forward to concerned staff in their absence.➢ Keep updated list of telephone numbers of internal (WFP Staff) and external stakeholders including all government/non-government departments/officials, including their fax numbers.➢ Update telephone directory of WFP KP staff from time to time and send to CO for further compilation. To ensure the updated telephone Directory is circulated among the staff on regular basis.➢ Generate monthly local desk extension bills and circulate among the staff to mark their private calls. Prepare monthly consolidated sheet of staff personal calls and forward to Finance for recovery.
2. Taking appointment for meetings➢ On request of staff, coordinate with concerned Government and non-government departments, take appointments for meetings with WFP management / staff.
3. Mail / Invoices Registry➢ Receive and dispatch all incoming and outgoing surface mail, register them into WFP database (E-Registry) and submit to the concerned staff on daily basis.➢ Maintain E-Registry database and submit relevant report on monthly basis.➢ Receive and scan invoices, make entries and upload into ITS (WFP Invoice Tracking System), assign ITS number and send them to the concerned staff in Admin/Finance Unit on daily basis.➢ Send and receive faxes to/from various departments/organizations and send them to the concerned staff on daily basis (i.e. NGOs, DCO’S, DPO’S, different agencies, FATA Secretariat, commissioners of different places etc).➢ Prepare mail pouches for WFP Islamabad and other required destinations. Keep proper record of all the receipts of Courier, check and verify the monthly invoice and send to CO for settlement.
.4. Handling of Stationery/Toners for Printers➢ Issue and record stationery/toners to staff on daily basis/when required.➢ Prepare monthly issuance/balance report.➢ Prepare demands for purchase of stationery.➢ Check the newly purchased items and record them in the database.
5. Minutes of Meeting:➢ Draft minutes of meeting for HOA/OIC.➢ Handle/manage outlook calendar meetings for HOA/OIC.➢ Provide any other support assigned by management.
6. Any Other Business➢ Submit the documents to Head of Office/OIC for approval, and take out the signed/approved documents and distribute them to the concerned units with proper record for reference.➢ Support Admin Section in their day-to-day activities when required i.e. travel, facility/guest house management, car arrangement etc.➢ Perform any other administrative tasks assigned by the supervisor/management
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University Degree in Social Sciences is desirable.
Experience: Three or more years of working experience in general administrative work including Telephone Exchange, Registry etc. Experience with UN / INGO is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills: *Ability to use computer/laptop with good typing speed - *Good Command on MS Office, Telephone Exchange - *Ability to operate variety of office equipment such as Photocopiers, Scanners, Facsimile etc - *Ability to use tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals - *Good attention to detail to identify data discrepancies - *Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions.
Languages: Fluency in English is required.
All WFP Employees are expected to demonstrate the competencies and standards of behaviour aligned with our core values and defined in the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, namely:
Leading by example with integrity,
Driving results and delivering on commitments,
Fostering inclusive and collaborative teamwork,
Applying strategic thinking,
Building and maintaining sustainable partnerships.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at Pakistan.[email protected] to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.
This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in 123 countries delivering food assistance, partnering with governments and providing common services that allow the entire humanitarian community to save lives in emergencies and build the resilience of food insecure people and communities.
This position is based at Peshawar Office, under the overall guidance of the Head of Provincial Office and direct supervision of Admin Associate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
3 Years - 4 Years(Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.)
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume