HR & Administrative Officer
Chemonics International Inc. (IPA)Full time Full day
26th May, 2023
Last date to apply
4th June, 2023
Chemonics International seeks a HR & Administrative Officer for its USAID Pakistan Investment Promotion Activity (IPA). IPA is a 5-year project that aims to promote a more stable, peaceful, and prosperous country by removing barriers to investment and trade by facilitating Pakistani-led improvements in government regulations, increasing the ease of doing business, and improving the overall investment climate.
The position of HR & Administrative Officer will be to support the Operations Director in delivering adequate and timely HR & Administrative support to the project team. The term of assignment is for the life of the project, subject to satisfactory performance. At all times candidates must adhere to, and act according to Chemonics’ Professional Code of Ethics. This position will be based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities: As directed by the Operations Director or his designee, the HR & Administrative Officer shall perform the following functions:
Human Resource Management:
- Ensure implementation of HR policy including Recruitment, Training, Appraisals, and Compensation/Benefits.
- Carry out the recruitment process of short-term and long-term local employees in compliance with established procedures and regulations, including but not limited to posting job advertisements, prescreening candidates, arranging interviews, collecting documents, conducting reference checks, preparing employment and short-term consultancy agreements.
- Manage staff onboarding processes including orientation, which will include adequate training regarding the project and relevant Chemonics policies and procedures.
- Ensure personnel and recruitment files are maintained according to Chemonics policies and procedures and in a manner that ensures confidentiality.
- Facilitate annual performance assessment process and ensure procedures are communicated and followed.
- Compile and maintain time and leave records for all employees, notifying them about updated status every month.
- Process insurance claims by individual employees as submitted from time to time and timely enrollment of new staff in health insurance policy.
- Manage and coordinate administrative tasks and operations, including managing office supplies, equipment, and facilities.
- Oversee support staff and ensure that they are properly trained and performing their duties efficiently.
- Process invoices for goods and services delivered ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation and timely payment. Follow up to completion and inform clients with the payment receipts.
- Work closely with Procurement Officer in coordinating program office procurement needs, including but not limited to identification of suitable vendors, collection of price quotes, preparation of Purchase Action Requests, Purchase Orders, Contracts, BPAs or their amendments.
- Work closely with Procurement Officer in providing hands on support in organizing internal and external project trainings, workshops, and events. This includes venue selection, bookings and arranging travel, board and lodging including hotel and flight reservations, airport pick-up and drop-off and rent a car arrangement.
- Maintain travel request forms of staff and consultants and process expense reports/per diems in a timely manner.
- Plan and coordinate events across the country in accordance with USAID guidelines.
- Manage staff boarding and lodging arrangements.
- Select and negotiate with suppliers for hotel bookings, car rentals, and air travel agents.
- Organize logistics, such as venues, transportation, accommodations, and catering, for events of various sizes and types, including conferences, workshops, seminars, and training sessions.
- Work closely with program staff, partners, vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure the smooth execution of events and the achievement of program goals.
- Implement policies and procedures related to administrative tasks, including developing and implementing new processes to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Provide necessary support to senior management including scheduling meetings and day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Ensure proper management of petty cash fund which involves maintaining the fund, recording and tracking all transactions, reconciling the fund, and ensuring compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper management of project assets: accurate inventory, locations, users, owner, and conditions, disposal, or transfer of the inventory items as per Chemonics and USAID policy.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by the Operations Director, Chief of Party, or the PMU which are consistent with the qualifications, scope of work and general requirements of IPA.
- Conduct all business in a manner that respects local culture.
- Always maintain high ethical standards, avoiding any actual or perceived conflicts of interest.
- Abide by all local laws, USAID regulations, and US Embassy/USAID project directive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, HR, Development Studies or a related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years of office administration & HR experience; USAID experience desirable.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheets, and preparation of tables with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong commitment to Chemonics values including integrity.
- Ability to foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Fluency in English and Urdu required.
Application Instructions: Please send electronic submissions of your CV, cover letter and 3 professional references when you apply to [email protected] by 10:00 PM June 4, 2023. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only applications sent to the listed email will be considered. Applications without these items may not be considered. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume