Food Technologist (Sweets & Beverages) for Pakistan
GivaudanFull time Full day
Join us and celebrate the beauty of human experience. Create for happier, healthier lives, with love for nature. Together, with passion and creativity, we deliver food innovations, craft inspired fragrances and develop beauty and wellbeing solutions. There’s much to learn and many to learn from, with more than 16,000 employees around the world to explore ideas and ambitions with. Every day, your talent, your innovative spirit, and your determination will shape our future, making a positive difference on billions of people. Every essence of you enriches our world. We are Givaudan. Human by nature.
Taste & Wellbeing Food/Application Technologist (Sweet Goods and Beverages Categories) for Pakistan
A Food/Application Technologist with a global leader in the creation of Taste & Wellbeing and Fragrance & Beauty, and a key member of our Regional Taste & Wellbeing Creation & Application team leading the Sweet Goods and Beverages categories and supporting our Customers in Pakistan and the Middle East region, while being based in our Karachi office - Your future position?
The Taste & Wellbeing Creation and Application (T&WCA) organisation within Givaudan is at the forefront of discovering and developing new innovative ingredients and flavours for all kinds of food applications, focusing on Beverages, Sweet Goods, Dairy, Bakery, Snacks, Savoury, Natural, and other exciting categories. We are a truly global organisation with multidisciplinary experts in science, creation, application, and sensory science.
Application Technologists in Givaudan are specialists whose primary goal is to support customers by providing them with suitable flavours for their applications and supporting Flavourist’s in the flavour development process. Their main responsibilities are to compound formulas developed by our Flavourist’s and then apply the flavours and seasonings in suitable applications.
We are expanding the T&WCA team and hiring a ‘Food/Application Technologist’ to focus on the Sweet Goods (Confectionery & Baked goods) and Beverages categories, mainly for the Pakistan market. When the team needs additional help, you will also support other important markets in the Middle East region - Iran and the GCC. Reporting directly to the Taste & Wellbeing Country Manager for Pakistan with a dotted line to the Taste & Wellbeing Regional Technical Manager for the Middle East region, and based in our Karachi office in Pakistan, you will be an important player in our T&WCA team.
You will work for a company that touches billions of consumers more than a hundred times a day. With its heritage stretching back over 250 years, Givaudan has a long history of innovating scents and tastes. Our passion is to collaborate with customers and partners to develop game-changing innovations in the food & beverage, fragrance and beauty industries. We have a culture that works to inspire, challenge and capture the heart and soul of consumers and customers. Our customers in the Middle East region have local, regional, and international profiles, bringing diversity and curiosity to your daily job.
Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if, like us, you always aim to exceed customer needs and have a passion for food technology with a highly discerning palate!
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for:
Evaluation and selection of flavours
- Apply and evaluate flavours for Sweet Goods and Beverages applications for relevant briefs.
- Recipe development based on customer requirements.
- Support customers with production or prototypes.
- Proactively monitor flavour performance and stability.
- Select optimal flavours for projects according to all relevant requirements (taste profile, legislation, technical suitability, costs, etc.).
- Prepare state-of-the-art flavoured products and samples for customer presentations and capability demonstrations
- Identify appropriate flavour delivery systems and technologies.
- Translate market trends into new product concepts and developments.
- Help develop and implement new technologies by working with the broader teams and Innovation Centres within the region and the wider Givaudan.
- Support marketing initiatives, and train our commercial force and customers on our new capabilities.
- Maintain the performance data for the flavour portfolio by evaluating finished products and capturing profiles.
- Order raw materials and ensure in-house stock is available for all lab activities.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organised lab environment following Givaudan safety policies and hold others accountable for following these guidelines.
Are you someone who wants to shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world!
Your professional profile includes:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or Food Technology.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience focussing on applications for the Sweet Goods and/or Beverages category(ies) in a food application lab, R&D, or a production facility, with a Flavour house or a reputed company in the food or ingredients sector.
- Experience in industrial product development and leading customer projects will be useful.
- Have a passion and interest in new flavours and foods with well-developed tasting skills.
- Have excellent project management skills.
- A good awareness of market trends.
- Oral and written proficiency in the English language.
- A team player and comfortable with diversity.
- A creative team environment that will inspire you.
- Attractive package.
- Excellent opportunities for progressive learning and development
At Givaudan, you contribute to delightful taste and scent experiences that touch people’s lives.
You work within an inspiring teamwork culture – where you can thrive, collaborate and learn from other talented and passionate people across disciplines, regions and divisions.
Every essence of you enriches our world.
Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners.
Givaudan embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone impacts our world.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume