M&E (Monitoring & Evaluation) Assistant
UN-IOMFull time Full day
30th August, 2023
Last date to apply
12th September, 2023
Community & Social Services
The project aims to monitor progress of INL-P (Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs) funded grants in FATA and KPK with a particular focus on monitoring, oversight and reporting. The specific grants are focused on agriculture and infrastructure, implemented by various stakeholders. IOM will use real time monitoring that enables the measuring and monitoring of environmental developments and program progress through tailored data collection tools to provide time-relevant information for decision makers. Specifically, it is undertaken during implementation to provide immediate feedback for real-time decision making and modifications to improve ongoing implementation.
Under the overall supervision of Sr. National Programme Officer and direct supervision of National M&E Officer, the M&E Assistant will responsible for deliverables outlined in the following sections:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Support to prepare weekly site visit plans in close coordination with local authorities and stakeholders implementing ongoing grants.
- Participate in regular visits to project sites to carry out process monitoring as well as taking feedback from the target community about the projects and incorporating their views for improving performance.
- Compile comprehensive monitoring reports based on information retrieved from the database and field according to monitoring and reporting templates defined by the
- Program Management.
- Provide feedback to Program Management on the efficacy of monitoring and reporting tools based on experience in the field for improvement.
- Assist to coordinate with local authorities and stakeholders implementing ongoing grants to ensure smooth access to project sites.
- Identify and document success stories and case studies on extraordinary aspects of the project.
- Carry out Broad Based Evaluation Studies on assigned grants related topics in line with the decisions made.
- Support the Program Management in the collection of additional information from the field as required.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University or Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, Development or a related field from an accredited academic institution with at least three years of relevant professional experience, or
- High School diploma with at least five years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in development assistance projects and/or M&E components;
- Experience in programme/project monitoring and evaluation with international organizations;
- Extensive work experience in challenging environments;
- Experience of working in humanitarian situations highly desirable.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English and Urdu is required (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of any other local language/s
Only short-listed candidates who are matching required criteria for the position will be contacted by IOM.
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.