Officer, Community Mobilization
International Medical CorpsFull time Full day
4th September, 2023
Last date to apply
14th September, 2023
Community & Social Services
Date of Announcement
September 04, 2023
Officer, Community Mobilization
Regular Contract (Limited to Project tenure)
Manager, Field Site
No. of Positions
Application Submission Deadline
September 14, 2023
International Medical Corps invites applications from candidates fulfilling the mentioned Job specifications.
Note: International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at www.internationalmedicalcorps.ethicspoint.com
The Officer, Community Mobilization will be responsible to oversee and provide technical support to Community Mobilizers or other staff responsible to provide community-based health and hygiene promotion, as well community mobilization.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To lead in community sensitization and mobilization interventions, through planning, and implementation of day-to-day activities as well as monitoring and reporting.
- To work in collaboration with IMC sector staff such as health nutrition, WASH, and other sector officers to support community-based activities.
- Guide social mobilizers in their work such as community awareness sessions including information on availability of services, community campaigns and other community mobilization activities.
- To prepare and support outreach activities in collaboration with IMC health team.
- Support organizing services in case working as part of a mobile medical unit and carry out tasks assigned by the team leader.
- To prepare weekly and monthly work plan for social mobilization related activities.
- To carry out monitoring and supervisory visits for social mobilizers working in the projects using standard checklists and tools.
- To collect, review and analyze reports of all social mobilizers and give feedback on the work and achievements.
- To represent IMC in community-based health activities relevant meetings.
- To collaborate with different IMC departments such as MEAL, finance, logistics and procurement to achieve planned activities.
- To work in coordination with district health department staff for community health related activities.
- Review all project documents regarding outreach activities (proposal, budget) ensure completion of activities and proper spending.
- Contribute to submission of weekly, biweekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Coordinate review meetings for social mobilizers.
- Work closely with line manager to ensure availability of IEC materials for community and social mobilization activities to be used by social mobilizers.
- Assess capacity of social mobilizers and plan training together with the line manager.
- Coordinate and supervise the work of community mobilization teams in all the project field locations, including facilitation of recruitment and monitoring of work/results.
- Provide mentorship to the community mobilization field staff and to communities when it is needed.
- Ensure community participation includes the most vulnerable and marginalized groups.
- Facilitate the community to pass their complaints to the management through CBFRM in a transparent manner.
- Act in a respectful and culturally sensitive manner towards other colleagues & the community.
- Ensure inclusion and input of community in health-related activities and services.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
Other duties as assigned:
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive. The fluid nature of response requires personnel to adapt to a rapidly changing landscape; duties may be reconfigured to meet operational requirements.
Code of Conduct
As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report.
If this is a supervisory position, one must set an example of ethical behavior through one’s own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps’ policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
It is all staff shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, or LGBTI individuals; and any form of trafficking in persons.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran.
Qualifications & Experience
- A University Degree Holder in Social sciences (HEC recognized institution) or health. An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- At least 2 years of experience in community mobilization and health and hygiene education services.
- Good user of MS Office
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritize work to deadlines.
- Demonstrated creativity, ability to apply innovative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed organization skills.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and under pressure.
- Fluency in local and national language is must and ability to communicate in English.
For immediate consideration, please apply through Brightspyre. The last date for submission of applications is September 14, 2023.
Note: Keeping in view the urgency of this position we might not wait till September 14, 2023, for applications, candidates who apply and meet the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted for interview even before due date.