Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
Associates in Development (AiD) Pvt LtdFull time Full day
4th September, 2023
Last date to apply
10th September, 2023
Monitoring & Evaluation
The USAID-ERDA, is a five-year, US$ 24.7 million activity, being implemented in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and its Newly Merged Districts (NMDs) by a consortium led by Associates in Development (AiD) Pvt. Ltd. The activity aims to strengthen and modernize agriculture and promote micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in KP and its NMDs. The sub-objectives of USAID-ERDA as under:-
- Agriculture sector capacity enhanced and modernized through strengthening and modernizing agriculture production resources.
- Micro & small businesses promoted by strengthening MSMEs in both farm and non-farm sectors.
- Improved business enabling environment through policy reforms and Technical Assistance to Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
USAID-ERDA require the services of MEL officer to support the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Specialist in operationalization and implementation of the MEL functions. The job description of MEL Officer is as under:
Roles and Responsibilities: As directed by the MEL Specialist or his designee, the MEL Officer shall perform the following functions:
- Assist in updating AMELP by defining clear objectives, activities, indicators, and outcomes, aligning AMELP indicators with the work plan.
- Support the effective implementation of the MEL system, which includes setting targets, collecting and validating data, and generating reports.
- Assist in ensuring accuracy of baseline data by supervising data collection
- Assist in conducting data quality assessments as per USAID guidelines.
- Assist in applying the CLA approach to design adaptable MEL processes based on evidence for informed decision-making.
- Assist in developing standard data collection tools, oversee data cleaning, analysis, and reporting, and provide staff training.
- Assist in developing and managing the MEL database system and dashboard to generate management reports using specified templates and desired frequency.
- Assist in collecting, compiling and uploading data on the MEL database, Pakinfo, and Development Information System for management and USAID reporting.
- Assist in monitoring and tracking inputs, grants, training activities, and progress.
- Assist in field monitoring of the activity's interventions and data collection.
- Field visit project locations to collect data or supervise data collection efforts and field monitoring of project interventions.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the MEL Specialist.
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, business administration, or economics.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation/Management Information Systems.
- A good understanding of qualitative & quantitative data collection, validation, analysis, and visualization methods, and database development/management.
- Good information technology (MS-Office) and communication skills.
- Familiarity with designing online and offline data collection and analysis using advanced tools such as Survey CTO and Power BI is desirable.
- Prior experience in USAID funded projects is preferred.