Software Engineer II- Android
CareemFull time Full day
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
Part of CareemNextGen Team, the mission of the program is to help grow our new joint Engineering team by learning how to write clean code, use SOLID principle techniques, and design reliable systems. The ultimate goal is to train the new Engineers to build Engineering excellence foundations with high standards. Our programme covers all the areas of Careem tech be it Cyber Security, Data, Infrastructure, and all the Software Engineering tracks like Backend, Frontend as well as Mobile. You will work alongside our top talent for an accelerated learning path. You will have access to some of the most exciting projects and advanced tech for accelerated learning and exposure.
We are looking for software engineers to join our team of talented engineers that will help us scale our Everything App. You will work alongside a top talent for an accelerated learning path. You will have access to some of the most exciting projects and advanced tech for accelerated learning and exposure.
You will be responsible for maintaining some of our services that power the Careem Engine, and continuously documenting and improving our engineering practices. These large-scale, distributed systems handle everything from user requests to payment processing.
What you'll need
The ideal candidate should have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other related technical fields
- 2-4 years of experience in Android Application Development
- Understanding of Object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Design and build advanced, scalable applications using Kotlin/Java (Android)
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Must be able to write clean and maintainable code (must love coding!)
- Understanding of the mobile development life cycle.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and fast-changing requirements & think abstractly
- Passionate about learning new technologies and working on a product of massive scale and impact
- Able to communicate effectively
- Attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of AWS
- Knowledge of clean code principles
- Deep understanding of design patterns
- Demonstrated ability of test-driven development
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.