HR and Admin Assistant
HelpAge InternationalFull time Full day
11th September, 2023
Last date to apply
18th September, 2023
PKR 61,200/- plus other benefits
Job Title: HR and Admin Assistant
Contract Length: 04 months
Responsible to: Senior Officer Operations
This position will involve assisting the Senior Officer Operations in daily HR- & Admin related activities and the fulfilment of all HR & Admin functions.
- Assist hiring managers in the recruitment & selection process and Orientation of new staff.
- Ensure initial short listing of CVs.
- Prepare and coordinate test and interview schedules and inform potential candidates.
- Conduct reference verifications of the potential candidates.
- Assisting the selected employee in filling of the employment documents.
- Responsible to draft the selected employee employment contract.
- Update the employee record in the database that includes contract expiry dates, and personal information and all documents related to HR as per defined protocols on monthly basis.
- Ensure that personnel files for all staff are actively maintained, up-to-date, and in accordance with personnel policies.
- Assist HR department in payroll preparation.
- Ensure Staff personal files are maintained properly and regularly updated.
- Ensure Time sheets are verified against leave records and reported to finance for any changes.
- Ensure that all the leaves are properly recorded and are in accordance to the time sheets submitted.
- Ensure that staff medical claims are reviewed and forwarded to medical insurance company in time.
- Maintain confidentiality of all national staff personnel issues including disciplinary procedures and contracts/ pay rates.
- Work as petty cash custodian and manage petty cash payments as per HelpAge International Policy and Procedure.
- Assure the operation and maintenance of all office equipment liaising with contractors and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective serving and repairs of all equipment in the office.
- To establish an office, ensuring necessary systems and routines are in place, filing is properly maintained, and sufficient stationery and office equipment are available.
- Any other task assigned by Supervisor / Management.
- Preventing harm and abuse from our people, operations, and programmes to anyone that encounters our work.
- Report all safeguarding incidents they see, hear, hear about or suspect, using our internal reporting mechanism.
- Complying with all safeguarding framework policies and practices
- Completing mandatory training courses relating to our safeguarding policy framework and comply with HR vetting procedures.
- Receiving internal and external safeguarding reports and supporting Directors managing the safeguarding investigations.
- Undertaking safeguarding investigations as required.
- External reporting to Charity Commission and information relevant Account Manager for donor reporting
- Leading on the policy, practice and training for staff and partners
The post holder will require the following competencies, skills and experience:
- Have master’s degree/bachelor (Hons) preferably with specialization in HR
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in relevant field.
- Fluent in writing and speaking English and Urdu
- Proficiency in using Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Ability to use own initiative
- Strong organizational, administrative & work prioritization skills
- Ability to remain calm and to be diplomatic
- Team working, flexibility and relationship building skills
- Problem solving skills in day-to-day and crises situations
- Show complete discretion in all matters concerning Islamabad staff.
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling HelpAge International values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- we work hard to achieve our goals together as a team with a clear shared purpose. Everyone who works at the organization shares our values and are committed to behaviours that demonstrate and support them.
- Our values inform how we work together:
We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
We value and recognise the contribution of our staff and network members as we put older people at the centre of everything we do.
We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
We are passionate about learning, accountable and work together to find creative solutions
We committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities and respecting diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. Local candidates will be given preference. We encourage and facilitate a flexible working environment.
Note: Position will be filled on rolling basis.