Senior Technical Officer
Jhpiego CorporationFull time Full day
12th September, 2023
Last date to apply
21st September, 2023
Jhpiego, a global leader in improving health care for women and families, aims to support Government of Sindh by enhancing women’s access to quality MNCH services. Therefore, Jhpiego, seeks Senior Technical Officer for the implementation of Group Antenatal Care (GANC) in Pakistan, as part of the Antenatal/Postnatal Research Collective (ARC). He/She will ensure quality MNCH services provision, capacity building of MNCH service providers, planning, management and technical quality of all district-based activities in close consultation with her supervisor.
The main purpose of the position is to improve quality antenatal care services in target health facilities through capacity strengthening of facility and community-based providers on and establishment of the quality of care mechanism. The key role of responsibilities includes:
- Develop and maintain coordination with technical officials of the Department of Health (DOH) at the provincial and district levels for implementation of technical interventions, detailed responsibilities are as follows;
- Develop in-depth understanding of G ANC protocols, standards and training materials
- Support technical leadership in finalization of the selection criteria and identification of the health facilities
- Prepare a detailed training plan in collaboration with district stakeholders for providers
- Seek formal nominations as per pre-defined criteria for different set of activities
- Develop connections with service providers of target health facilities
- Conduct trainings at the public sector health facilities and facilitate in other technical assistance for quality interventions
- Support Sr. Technical and Program Manager in implementation of project related activities in the districts.
- Work in close collaboration with the departmental staff at service sites to ensure timely registration of each client and groups for ANC attending the clinic
- Develop project reports and maintain records in proper folders
- Document health facility wise field activities (both success or failures) and share regularly for program improvement and reporting
- Develop and implement monthly work plans, draft progress reports, and other required deliverables as per standard templates
- Travel within project sites to monitor progress, take corrective measures and engage concerned officials to overcome gaps
- Any other task assigned by the senior management.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified health professional (doctor/LHV/nurse) having experience in supervising clinical trainings, training record maintenance; and field experience in maternal health programs.
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical training experience is required, with at least two years of experience of working in conducting and organizing trainings will be preferred.
- Strong advocacy skills, leadership qualities, ability to create synergies, interpersonal skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project.
- Proven professional experience working with nonprofit organizations, an/or government organizations, preferably in MNCH program.
- Strong coordination skills and ability to develop positive professional relationship with staff posted at attached public sector facilities
- Good written and spoken English, Urdu and provincial local language
- Good experience of MS office like MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent training and supportive supervisory skills and well versed with adult teaching principles
- Ability and willingness for frequent travel to the field sites
- Excellent coordination skills with demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Ability to ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and professionalism.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and note that the successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. The position will be closed for further applications once it is successfully filled. We will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis, so we encourage interested candidates to apply at their earliest convenience. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Failure to follow the instructions of applying, your application would be denied.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Interested applicants with required experience and skill sets apply to the link below by creating your profile first:
Senior Technical Officer in Karachi | Careers at Pakistan (icims.com)
Only relevant/shortlisted applicants will be contacted and last date to apply is September 21, 2023.