Content Strategy Lead
GSKFull time Full day
Posted Date: Sep 12 2023
This role will be responsible for owning the content strategy, which includes planning, development, and management of content to enhance customer experience and support brand objectives. Content Strategy person will drive the implementation of defined content strategy, measurement of content effectiveness, and optimization of content across channels, based on the campaign goals. The person will be a people manager and will work with cross-functional teams to ensure cohesive and personalized messaging across all channels.
Major stakeholders: BUDs, Sales, Marketing, Commercial Operations (ComOps), Medical, Legal, OC POD
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Content Strategy & Design
- Defines content strategy that supports the development of purposeful content, personalized as per local HCP needs/preferences.
- Shares LOC specific nuances for development of relevant push & pull content based on campaign and brand objectives, content pillars and HCP needs to establish connection across the Omnichannel (OC) ecosystem.
- Supports the designing of right content for the customer journeys, leveraging relevant global or local content for each touchpoint; supports localization of global content based on local HCP understanding / unmet needs.
Content Development & Management
- Oversees the creation and management of content calendars.
- Develops content governance guidelines for design, tone, style, and voice of all content in alignment with Marketing, Medical & Compliance
- Shares guidance to ensure all content development, optimization and implementation follows the requirements set out within internal and external operating frameworks including the GSK Code & ABPI code.
- Conducts periodic content audits to identify gaps in the content and suggests ways to extend, augment, edit or create content, as required.
- Ensures editorial outlook is up to date, provides feedback and suggestion on digital content (both on visuals and copies)
- Works with the relevant regional/global teams to support relevant content creation.
- Works closely with OC Lead and Experience Design & Channel Orchestrator to share relevant inputs on customer journey design.
- Partners with brand managers to ideate on content, aligned with the business objectives, relevant to the segment/ persona and fit for purpose for the channels.
- Shares Medical, Marketing & Sales teams inputs around having right nuances, scientific content / HCP content preferences/needs with relevant teams for content planning & development,
- Collaborates with Content Management, Creative, Technology CRM agencies to identify content topics most relevant to target HCPs and shares with relevant teams to accordingly modify brand’s communication.
Content Analytics & Insights
- Acts on content analytics to enhance content effectiveness and adjusts strategies and tactics as necessary to optimize results and provide personalized content to HCPs.
- Translates insights, data, and disparate pieces of information into narratives that promote the value of the company’s products and services.
Project Management & Support
- Creates and maintains project schedules by developing project plans and specification, estimating time requirements, establishing timelines, monitoring milestone completion, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project process, coordinating actions, and resolving conflicts.
- Provides expertise and support to relevant teams for designing the content architecture, developing the right content that can be leveraged across channels.
- Acts as a single point of contact and subject matter expert to guide on content planning, development & approval, taking into consideration local LOC nuances.
Experience & Educational Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or any other related discipline. MBA in Marketing or any other post-graduate degree in content / communication preferred.
- 5+ years of recommended total experience, including 4+ years of relevant experience, preferably in content management, marketing communications or advertising.
- Digital Marketing Certifications
- Content Marketing Certifications
- Data Analytics Certifications
- Project Management Certifications
Skills & Knowledge
- Content Strategy: Ability to define the strategy and plan to facilitate development of content, which is relevant, value adding, and consistent with the brand's identity and objectives.
- Content Curation & Assessment: Ability to localize, personalize, create push and pull content (modular), based on HCP needs.
- Marketing Analytics & Customer Insights: Ability to gain in-depth insights into the performance of content and its impact on customer experience, to suggest relevant modifications in the content.
- Customer Experience Management: Ability to design the purposeful content across all touchpoints and channels to enhance the HCP experience.
- Content Analytics: Ability to analyze data on various content metrics, such as page views, time on page, bounce rate, social shares, and conversions to optimize the content strategy.
- KPI Reporting & Monitoring: Ability to set content performance goals and metrics, timelines and ensure a formal tracking process is setup to measure and manage the progress.
- Asset & Content Management: Ability to organize, store, and distribute the content (including digital assets) across various engagement channels with content categorization and version control.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders (Sales/Marketing/Medical/ComOps etc.) to incorporate their inputs in content strategy.
- Ability to perform an in-depth analysis of content performance data to suggest improvements.
- Ability to effectively articulate complicated information/data in a way that others can comprehend.
- Ability to share new ideas and approaches, which are value adding and improve HCP experience.
- Ability to effectively manage a small team (1-2 direct reportees) to continuously support business needs with relevant content.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Expertise in Content Management Systems like Veeva Vault
- Familiarity with Web Analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Familiarity with CRMs like Veeva, Salesforce
- Familiarity with Marketing automation tools like SFMC, Pardot
- Familiarity with Data tools like Claravine
- Familiarity with Database Activity Monitoring (DAM) tools
- LI-GSK #omnichannel
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.