Risk Management Lead
GSKFull time Full day
Posted Date: Sep 13 2023
This role provides effective risk management and finance controls support to GSK business units, covering all processes performed in the Regional Hub as well as business specific finance risk and controls activities in the markets. Risk management support to the hub team to ensure risk mitigation, root cause analysis and related mitigations, overall process and control deficiencies remediation, and reporting on overall status of control environment for the business unit and/or assigned process Risk management support to process improvements to reduce risks as well as support to relevant operating effectiveness programs such as continuous improvement initiatives, process operating issues mitigation and remediation programs (including stakeholder support and reporting)
The role helps ensure that risks are appropriately mitigated with a sound control framework and provides adequate oversight of risks and controls issues within a given process on a global basis and/or for a relevant GSK Business Unit. Accountable for assessing process risks and controls and drive risk mitigation initiatives over different business processes to ensure control soundness. The role is also responsible for partnering with the relevant global finance process owners and/or finance operational leads any other relevant finance process organizations to ensure identified solutions mitigate the risk, and to support implementation and embedding key control initiatives associated with GSK finance policies and standards. The focus in the role is to build a culture of proactive risk assessment and business partnering to strengthen GSK control framework to mitigate risk effectively and efficiently.
Education, Experience & Skills
- CA, CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIA
- Minimum of 5 years Post qualification or post MBA experience in internal or external audit, SOX compliance programmes, governance, and internal controls.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Plan, coordinate, and review controls testing activities performed by a third party and corresponding reporting of control deficiencies to management.
- Provide risk management support on remediation activities related to control deficiencies and/or process gaps to ensure adequate risk mitigation and track activities until remediation closure.
- Provide risk management support to projects and continuous improvement initiatives led by the GPOs and/or the hub leadership team, maintaining control oversight on these changes in systems and processes.
- Drive compliance and risk mitigation initiatives at the hub and/or global process tower
- Stakeholder management re. to process owners and control owners in the hub and related finance third party.
- Ensure GSK control framework adequately addresses finance risks in the relevant GSK Business Unit, in line with GSK global standards and expectations.
- Manage and maintain controls master data in relevant tools and propose/adopt new technology to improve automation and efficiency of risk and control activities.
- Drive access management related controls (Segregation of Duties, Periodic review of end user access) within the business.
- Support Enterprise Risk Management and relevant operational risk mitigation activities by actively contributing to the Hub Risk Management and Compliance Board (RMCB), and support the local markets or relevant Business Unit in preparation of their local risk management and compliance boards (RMCBs).
- Support external financial audit, and other internal or external bodies involved in financial risks and controls, to reduce impact to business, increase reliance, and align on auditor’s assessment of the finance control environment for SOX reporting purposes.
- Utilize data tools and integrated systems to extract meaningful analytics which enhance control measures, assist in identifying patterns and anomalies and improve overall risk management
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.