Catholic Relief Services PakistanFull time Full day
18th September, 2023
Last date to apply
25th September, 2023
Job Title: Finance Officer
Reports to: Finance Manager
Department: Finance - Islamabad
Salary Grade: 6
Catholic Relief Services is an international relief and development organization. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will support the Partners’ & CRS Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of an experienced finance team, you will help coordinate daily financial activities through preparation and delivery of financial services.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain effective financial operations and controls at country level to ensure the efficiency, integrity and transparency of all the financial operations in accordance with the CRS’ policies, donor’s rules and regulations, national regulatory requirements and applicable accounting frameworks (IFRS, IAS, GAAP).
- Review of payments vouchers to ensure the fundamental assertions i.e., occurrence, completeness, accuracy, classification, and cut-off of all the transactions before posting into the system.
- Creating payments in Insight (ERP) and timely disbursement of funds through S2B.
- Preparation and posting of reclass entries (FBDIs) and adjusting journal entries to adjust the costs where necessary.
- Work with finance manager to analyze the financial data of organization and prepare working as per the management and program teams requirements that helps the top management in decision making.
- Assist the finance team in month end activity by preparing and analyzing monthly reports, FX reports, bank reconciliation, aging reports, and other reports to catch the differences and other irregularities.
- Ensure the exchange rate are regularly updated in the system as per the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Assisting budget managers in preparation, review, and reappropriation of budgets.
- Facilitating the Internal/External Audits.
- Help share information with subrecipients and staff on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues.
- Conduct partner monitoring visits on need basis and sharing of monitoring reports with Head of Operations & Finance Manager.
- Orient and train the relevant human resource of the partners on applicable financial matters and policies.
- Graduation degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration strongly preferred. Courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO, or donor institution.
Required Languages – Urdu and English
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 40 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Able to clearly communicate in written and spoken English.
- Familiarity the relevant public donors’ regulations a plus.
- Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of ERP, financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software a plus.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Finance Manager, Country Manager, Operations Manager, Senior Management Team, Finance Officer for Partnership, Program Managers.
External: Partner Organizations, Local Banks, Local Taxation and Social Security Authorities, Auditors, Government Entities, Donors
We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer