Senior Specialist Engineer
u-bloxFull time Full day
Role also available in
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
The person will be an enabler for developing cutting edge wireless communication embedded software. The job provides an opportunity to do highly challenging, interesting work in a global R&D team with excellent compensation & benefits and a good career path
- Architecture, design and development of software for real-time embedded systems using C/C++.
- Analyze the requirements and tool specifications to help in defining a detailed development and test plan
- Embedded software porting, performance analysis and optimizations using advanced development tools (IDE compilers, debuggers, target trace).
- Debugging and troubleshooting to identify the problematic implementation
- Build and maintain profiling tools for CPU and memory usage
- Analyze feedback or nonconformities, provide workarounds or develop bug fixes
- Write high quality technical documentation on product features and solution designs
- Maintain build environment, debug and development tools
- Reporting to line manager and sub-project manager on activities
- May lead a team of engineers to accomplish the desired target(s)
- May lead a small team of junior engineers, with responsibility for coaching and mentoring
- BSc/MSc degree in electrical engineering, computer science/electrical engineering, computer science/electronics
- Demonstrate strong interest in the digital (wireless) communications sector
- Real-time operating system based on low-power embedded ARM architectures (e.g. Cortex-M series microcontrollers)
- Programming languages and tools: C, C++, Python
- Ability to work as a member of bigger projects. Flexible team player. Can lead a team of engineers.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good English communication skills in speaking and writing
- Typically, 5-7 years relevant experience of software development
- Working knowledge of wireless protocols such as 5G NR, 4G LTE, WiMax, WiFi is highly desirable
Applications Close Date
Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Septem SystemsFull time Full day
Company Description Established in 2016, SEPTEM SYSTEMS is a technology, consultancy and services firm with a focal point of helping and assisting organizations to precedent amidst radical business and technology solutions. SEPTEM SYSTEMS possesses an upright stature due to the...
Branch Associate-Y Block
AimFitFull time Full day
Get To Know AimFit: Empowering women is at the heart of everything we do. We know in our culture that women, as primary caregivers and nurturers, put their own health on the back seat to look after others. All evidence...
Customer Service Officer
Syngenta Crop ProtectionFull time Full day
Job Description Role purpose Customers’ order management including order processing & invoicing. Warehouse management in relevant areas e.g. inventory management, FIFO, expiry management etc. Implementation of Internal Control & guidelines in customer services operation. Implementation of Syngenta HSE MS at...