Specialist Engineer C/C++ (Tools)
u-bloxFull time Full day
Role also available in
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
As a Specialist Engineer in the Embedded Software team, you will work on developing and maintaining features that enable u-blox products to work in the field and in customers hands. We work closely with several engineering teams to define requirements, implement and integrate features, as well as test and optimize every aspect of our software. The job provides an opportunity to do highly challenging, interesting work in a global R&D team
- Design and development of GUI tools and embedded software using C/C++.
- Maintain build environment, debug, and development tools.
- Analyze the requirements and tool specifications to help in defining a detailed development and test plan.
- Debugging and troubleshooting to identify the problematic implementation.
- Write high quality technical documentation on product features and solution designs.
- Reporting to line manager and sub-project manager on activities
- Can lead a small team of junior engineers, with responsibility for coaching and mentoring.
Your Skills & Experience:
- B.Sc./M.Sc. degree in electrical engineering, computer science/electrical engineering, computer science/electronics
- Demonstrate strong interest in the digital (wireless) communications sector.
- Working knowledge of Code Blocks using C/C++ is a plus
- Programming languages and tools: C, C++, Python
- Ability to work as a member of bigger projects. Flexible team player.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good English communication skills in speaking and writing.
- Typically, 3-4 years relevant experience of software development
- Working knowledge of wireless technologies such as 5G, 4G LTE, WiMAX, Wi-Fi is highly desirable.
Applications Close Date
Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Manager/ Senior Manager, Audit Valuation Specialist, Rapid Innovation, Karachi
EYFull time Full day
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information, and processes to inform their on-going strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and our...
WärtsiläFull time Full day
Mechanic Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We Wärtsilians help our customers unlock the value of energy transition by optimizing their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 74 GW...
Senior Software Architect (NodeJS & React)
NorthbayFull time Full day
We are seeking a Senior Software Architect with over 15 years of experience to join our dynamic team. As a Senior Software Architect, you will play a critical role in leading and guiding our technical team in the development of...