Programme Policy Officer (Information Management) - NOB
United Nations PakistanFull time Full day
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.ABOUT JOB
Job Title: Programme Policy Officer (Information Management)
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Salary: Starting at PKR 500,000 per month
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Islamabad
Vacancy Number: 829302
Date of Publication: 18th September, 2023
Deadline of Application: 1st October, 2023
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani Nationals.
Note: This vacancy announcement will also be used to build a roster of prequalified applicants for future opportunities within same job profile at the current or lower level in Pakistan.TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.JOB PURPOSE
The main purpose of this task is to lead the knowledge management, data collection and analysis of the Nutrition Programme data at the national and provincial level, including coordination with IMO focal points of government ministries, UN and development agencies, and implementing partners.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.2. Leading and managing comprehensive knowledge management for Nutrition projects, including data collection, validation, cleaning, and analysis, while ensuring accurate entry of complete project data in Nashonuma app, NIS, SCOPE, and other corporate tools.3. Driving the development of systems and tools for tracking nutrition programme data, mapping interventions, and facilitating analysis and reporting.4. Offering technical assistance and capacity development to Government departments in designing National Nutrition Information Management System strategies, SOPs, and policies.5. Leading efforts in collecting, reviewing, analysing, and identifying gaps in existing nutrition data at national and provincial levels.6. Provide technical inputs for evidence generation around nutrition specific/sensitive interventions.7. Represent WFP at national and/or provincial level strategic consultations, contribute in discussions, exchange experiences, advocate and position WFP and identify areas of potential collaboration and partnerships in the field of nutrition knowledge managementwherever possible.8. Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems, ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.9. Compiling, analysing, and reporting project data received from field offices, sharing progress reports, and ensuring adherence to reporting deadlines.10. Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
11. Coordinating all nutrition-related survey SQUEAC/SLEAC and data collection activities, including potential baselines and other evaluations, both initiated by WFP or representing WFP in related task forces.12. Undertaking other leadership responsibilities as required.OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the primary responsibilities, as the Lead Nutrition Information Management Officer, this position will spearhead the development of innovative remote support information systems to enhance program quality. These job-specific tasks will include: Led the creation of an AI-based chatbot for the Benazir Nashonuma Program, improving user experience and providing instant access to relevant information. Overseeing beneficiary follow-up through the use of WFP corporate tools, such as RapidPro and MoDa, to ensure consistent support and monitoring. Developing an automated telephonic short interview system following WFP corporate guidelines, utilizing tools like mVam to streamline data collection and feedback processes. Development and Implement a Learning Management System (LMS) that equips staff engaged in nutrition interventions with the necessary skills for quality implementation, fostering continuous professional development and improved program outcomes.STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
Education: Advanced University degree in applied economics and/or social sciences, or first level university degree with additional 2 years of experience. Degree in Nutrition/Health relevant would be an addition.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of professional/managerial experience with International NGOs and/or with UN system preferably in the nutrition and food security sector;
- Experience in managing/leading a team
- Setting up databases and statistical analysis of data and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
- Databases for monitoring program implementation and in data collection, processing and analysis systems;
- Meeting strict deadlines under minimum supervision and deliver high quality products;
- Travel extensively within Pakistan and work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
Knowledge and Skills: Ability to analyse data to determine overall health status, determining factors relating tonutrition, and possible areas of intervention for health and nutrition Strong statistical, analytical and communication skills Strong interpersonal skills Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Urdu
All WFP Employees are expected to demonstrate the competencies and standards of behavior aligned with our core values and defined in the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, namely:
Leading by example with integrity,
Driving results and delivering on commitments,
Fostering inclusive and collaborative teamwork,
Applying strategic thinking,
Building and maintaining sustainable partnerships.HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Request for Disability related Reasonable Accommodations:
It is important to WFP to create an accessible and inclusive workplace for everyone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the selection and hiring process, please direct your request and inquiries to the Diversity and Inclusion team on: [email protected], cc’ing [email protected]. A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs.
This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.ABOUT WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
This job is based in the Country Office (CO) Islamabad and the job holder reports to the senior Nutritionist (NOC) under overall supervision of head of SO2. The Job holder will operate with a high degree of independence and manage junior staff to ensure that nutrition programmes and policy objectives are achieved.
Under its Country Strategic Plan 2018-2022 and the Strategic Outcome number 2 (SO2), WFP Pakistan is currently implementing social protection, school Meals and diverse nutrition interventions including Stunting Prevention and Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition to support the national effort to fight malnutrition is Pakistan. It is in this regard that the Nutrition unit is currently seeking a Nutrition Information Management Officer to support the nutrition team..
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.