Software Engineer I - ML Operations
CareemFull time Full day
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
At Careem, our mission for the Next Generation of ML Ops Engineers is to foster the growth of our new joint Engineering team. This involves mastering skills such as writing Clean Code, employing SOLID principles, and architecting dependable systems. Our program encompasses all facets of Careem's technology landscape, including Cyber Security, Data, Machine Learning, Infrastructure, and various Software Engineering disciplines such as Backend, Frontend, and Mobile development.
We are actively seeking aspiring data scientists to join our team. If you are passionate about taking data science projects from conception to production, this opportunity is tailor-made for you. Collaborating with a seasoned team of skilled data scientists, you'll expedite your professional development and gain invaluable experience."
What you'll need
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply!
- The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Knowledge of statistics, probability theory, calculus, linear algebra, mathematical analysis, differential calculus
- Knowledge of Python programming language, SQL, algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of the theory of Machine Learning algorithms
- Fluency in English language along with excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Hands on experience of development and deployment of ML algorithms
- Portfolio of ML projects on GitHub
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.