Credit Analyst - Corporate Banking
Standard CharteredFull time Full day
: Corporate & Commercial Banking
: Africa & Middle East-Pakistan-Karachi
: 19/Sep/2023, 3:01:44 AM
: 03/Oct/2023, 5:59:00 PM
- Discussion of the dynamics and nature of the Client’s industry, including key risk aspects;
- Assessment of the Client’s competitive positioning within its industry;
- Discussion of management strength, experience and track record and corporate governance more broadly;
- Articulation of the Client’s strategy and an assessment of its clarity and associated execution risks;
- Assessment of funding strategy, financial policy, treasury activity (hedging, cash management) and liquidity;
- Development of a current / forward year base forecast performance expectation;
- Assessment of balance sheet strength, alongside cashflow and profitability vulnerability, via ratio analysis and/or stress testing;
- Discussion of other pertinent risk aspects, including country risk, parental and/or governmental linkage/support, relative ranking of indebtedness, Fraud risk; Climate risk and Environmental risk.
- Evaluation of risks associated with proposed transactions, where required
- Completion of Group Mandate/BCA Part 1, Part 2, financial analysis/spreads, scorecards
- Ensure use of appropriate calculator in alignment with Credit Policy for relevant approvals (e.g. Raptor, Group Aggregation Calculator);
- Assessment of Fraud risk, in line with policy guidelines, through use of tools provided by the bank as well as external market checks / reports, in the BCA Part 2.
- Complete ESRA (Environment and Social Risk Assessment) Checklist;
- For Cat 2 lines, complete Financial Markets Appropriateness and GWWR Attribute checklist;
- For Cat 2 lines, Credit Term Sheet updates based on RM/Risk feedback;
- Supporting business on structuring deals;
- Documentation support on credit aspects and working with IMO on BCA reworks;
- Testing and Monitoring Covenants & Risk Triggers;
- EAR & ASTAR reporting/updates to credit;
- Seek pre-approval endorsements (where applicable);
- Preparing country specific regulatory check-lists (where applicable);
- Credit stress testing
- CCC Certification
- Any other activity as and when required;
Insightful: Attuned to the needs of two audiences – Client Coverage and Risk - the analysis should provide a forward-looking, focused opinion on the likely development of both business and financial risk elements in their industry / geographic context together with a calibrated articulation of key risks and potential mitigants thereto.
Relevant: As well as a holistic counterparty assessment, analysis should comment on structural elements relevant to SCB’s existing or proposed exposure such as guarantee and security arrangements
Succinct: While always providing sufficient granularity to substantiate its conclusions and observations, the analysis should present opinion in as structured and succinct a manner as is practical
Timely: While focused on the prescribed annual review cycle, analysis will also be required where material new exposure is being considered by Client Coverage. In addition, more summary analysis should be produced and disseminated quickly, where relevant
Additionally, for any BCA submission it will involve the following:
To partner the team’s two key stakeholder communities, Client Coverage and Risk, supporting the former in developing and executing their client strategies and both in respect of credit analysis-relevant matters.
People & Talent*
Support CA Team Leaders and others in the team on ad hoc projects, strategic initiatives and exercises aimed at improving or enhancing the team’s activities. Continually strive to share key relevant knowledge and learnings with others across the team. Provide credit specific coaching to newer or less experienced members of the team.
In respect of Clients where the role-holder is assigned as analyst:
- Proactive monitoring of key entity or industry wide events and/or developments, as well as of covenants and risk triggers where applicable
- Partnering Relationship Managers in pursuing their client strategies through proactive idea generation, support in preparing materials for client discussion and through ensuring they are always fully briefed on key risk aspects
- Partnering Risk through clear presentation of credit analysis and proposed credit grading, as well as through proactive and considered discussion of key risk aspects
- Accompanying Relationship Managers on client visits, as part of general due diligence in respect of credit analysis
- Acting as a broader point of expertise in respect of credit aspects with Product and others across SCB
Maintaining integrity in analysis always is critical. This includes frequent and iterative discussion with both Client Coverage and Risk around draft analysis, key sector / geographic trends, as well as discussion of covenants, risk triggers and the like. It involves proactive idea generation and discussion with Client Coverage around potential business opportunities for SCB, assisting both Client Coverage and Risk around transaction structuring and execution, where relevant, and identifying and alerting stakeholders of emerging risk aspects on a continuous basis.
Regulatory & Business Conduct*
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.