Regional Lead - Girls Education, South Punjab
Palladium Pakistan (Pvt) LtdFull time Full day
10th November, 2023
Last date to apply
1st December, 2023
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Girls & Out of school children: Action for Learning (GOAL) is an upcoming £60m FCDO funded education programme in Pakistan. The overarching outcome of the programme is to increase access to education for girls and marginalised children and improve teaching quality and learning outcomes. The programme will focus regionally in KP (particularly in the Newly Merged Districts) and Punjab (particularly in South Punjab).
Palladium is building a team for the component of the programme which will support government to achieve GOAL outcomes through demand driven technical assistance (TA) and testing and delivery at scale with systems level reforms.
As Regional Lead, you would be responsible for managing an implementation team for the programme in South Punjab. In this critical role you would also serve as the representative of the programme to government and education institution officials in region, and be accountable for the front-line delivery of impactful interventions. The post is in Multan, with frequent travel to Lahore and within Punjab. Occasional travel to Islamabad is likely, and international travel is possible.
- Deliver and quality assure key education reforms at regional level, bringing in specific technical expertise from short term consultants and partners as necessary.
- Oversee the design and delivery of GOALs demand driven technical assistance component. Key areas for TA will include;
- Reducing barriers and schooling costs for marginalised girls)
- Increasing awareness and prioritisation of education
- Improving teacher knowledge, skills and classroom practice
- Improving the quality of resources and assessments
- Improved planning and management at school, district and provincial level
Stakeholder engagement and networking
- Liaise with regional government and education institution representatives to understand local TA needs, and establish and deliver an engagement strategy to ensure the programme remains responsive and adaptive.
- Implement the TA strategy within Southern Punjab, maintaining alignment of local needs with the strategic aims of the programme.
- Develop strong relationships and networks across government, academia and the third sector to garner buy-in and engagement on the topic of girls education.
- Provide quality assurance to TA inputs provided from team members and short term consultants on specific thematic areas
- Create a collaborative, respectful and inclusive working culture while maintaining high standards of performance and quality.
- Extensive experience in directly delivering programmes to influence education policy reform in Punjab. Preferably specifically within districts of Southern Punjab.
- Technical knowledge of key technical assistance themes (girls’ education, teaching and learning, inclusion of religious minorities and children with disabilities, accountability and education systems strengthening).
- Experience supporting central and local government with planning and budgeting processes (preferably with Punjab and education sector)
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships with donor clients, and deliver high quality outputs and programming.
- Proven ability to develop constructive relationships with government, at both policy and service delivery levels to deliver impactful interventions.
- Local knowledge and networks in Southern Punjab, ensuring that strong working relationships are maintained with academic institutions, civil society and other development partners.
- Proven record of understanding and interacting with research and adaptive learning.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Punjabi is required.
This role is for a proposal, and offers will be conditional on award.
About Palladium - Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people's lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion - Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected] and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Please apply on the below mentioned link only: