Health Field Officer
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)Full time Full day
10th November, 2023
Last date to apply
23rd November, 2023
Community & Social Services
Health Field Officer contributes to implementing, running, and monitoring the health program(s) in cooperation with the health team, according to the objectives set out in the delegation's annual planning according to the objectives set out in the delegation's annual planning (Planning for Results) for a specific geographic area or field of activities.
- Implements health programs (primary health care, first aid & and prehospital emergency care, and hospital care) within his/her geographic area or field of responsibility/ expertise.
- Ensures proper supply of health programs in his/her geographic area of responsibility and stock management according to health and logistic procedures in place.
- Assists in designing operational strategies and planning the health program(s) at local/facility and national levels.
- Conducts assessments and regular field visits (when relevant) to monitor activities and provide on-the-job technical support.
- Maintains an overview of health issues in his/her geographic area of responsibility and contributes to responding to health emergencies
- Ensures proper management of information collected and appropriate/ relevant reporting on activities and health events.
- Helps organizing meetings; advises staff members on various matters in her/his area of responsibility such as culture, politics, economy, security, etc
- Ensures proper follow-up and clearance of program-related expenses in collaboration with administration and finance department according to procedures in place.
- Liaises and builds networks with local stakeholders to facilitate communication and coordination of activities, thereby ensuring more efficient implementation of health programs
- Identifies training needs and organizes training sessions for supported facilities staff when relevant.
- This Job description may have not captured all the tasks and responsibilities an individual has to perform. Detailed JD shall be provided at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
Main Requirements :
- University degree in medicine
- Minimum of three (03) years of relevant professional experience, preferably in the Humanitarian sector /INGOs.
- Good Knowledge of geographic area (KPK and newly merged Districts) is desirable.
- Excellent analytics and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills (e.g., MS Office)
- Fluency in English and Urdu is required, and Knowledge of the local language i.e., Pashtu a plus
- Good knowledge of local health authorities and groups of interest for the ICRC
- The position may require travel within KPK and merged districts. By applying, you confirm no issue with the travel.
- Open Ended Contract
- A multinational and multicultural working environment.
- A competitive package.
Your application should be submitted online no later than 23.11.2023 and must comprise of:
- A cover / motivation letter setting out briefly your motivation and suitability for the position. The ICRC will pay special attention to it while shortlisting the applicants.
- A complete and up-to-date CV.
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. For this position, qualified females, and candidates with disabilities, minorities, or different backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.