IFRS Specialist, Financial Accounting Advisory Services, Rapid Innovation, Karachi
EYFull time Full day
In Financial Accounting & Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
We are expanding our MENA FAAS COE in Karachi, Pakistan, providing an opportunity to work on MENA projects and deal with MENA clients. This can provide lots of learning and development prospects as well as the chance to travel to the MENA region.
Your key responsibilities
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team specialises in helping clients implement changes to regulatory and financial reporting. The areas we work in include IFRS 17 implementation, finance systems implementation, IFRS conversion support, implementation of new IFRS, accounting standards, accounting control or process support and assistance with public offerings
We are currently recruiting for Seniors in the Insurance team, who can help support our ambitious growth plans and drive forward the team in a variety of activities and deliver solutions to support our clients achieve their desired business outcomes. We are interested in hearing from strong insurance financial accountants who are keen to deliver advisory projects.
As a Senior/Assistant Manager within our Insurance FAAS team you will specialise in Insurance and will work closely with Finance clients, and assist senior management in leading engagement teams, provide valuable insight and advice to support clients to make strategic and operational decisions about their business. You will contribute to the continued success and growth of the practice, alongside some of the most highly regarded colleagues within the Financial Services industry.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Minimum of two plus years of work experience in the mentioned domain
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one
- Familiarity with IFRS and finance operating model design and development
- Hands-on consulting experience at a top tier consulting firm, or leading change programmes at a Financial Services organisation
- Experienced in financial control, including internal and external statutory reporting. Exposure to finance systems architecture & strategy delivery, regulatory and management reporting, consolidation and EPM projects
- Understanding of risk- based auditing and control strategies
- Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements
Ideally you’ll also have
- Track record with a leading consulting firm
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey. If you have significant experience gaming technology and are passionate about improving the performance of businesses, this is the role for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.