ESG - Digital Programme Analyst
British American TobaccoFull time Full day
BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT IS LOOKING FOR AN ESG - DIGITAL PROGRAMME ANALYST
ESG – Digital Programme Analyst
Head of Ops Sustainability Reporting & Compliance COE
100% Digital / CSRD Programme
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Drive digital and compliance programme for operations reporting, data analysis, and assurance processes that support the needs and requirements of the Head of Ops Sustainability Reporting and Compliance COE, as well as provide support to Digital Programme & Group initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Engagement with different workstream leads to ensure data collection & quality assurance by interfacing with BAT and 3rd parties as required, with an emphasis on data completeness and integrity
- Drive development and understanding of methodologies for environmental sustainability indicators accounting and reporting as per applicable international standards and methodologies (GRI, TCFD, TNFD, ISSB, GHG, CDP, etc.) as well as global best practices with an emphasis on compliance and data integrity.
- Develop and deploy enhanced digital & compliance initiatives reducing complexity and driving agility
- Interact and work through cross-functional partners to ensure understanding and creation of digital platforms as required to meet the programme’s objectives
- Drive development of new functionality in digital reporting platform as per business needs. To drive continuous development and efficient use of the platform.
- Help identify and support necessary digital reporting enhancements related to climate, water & waste footprint (including reverse logistics on Credit 360 and other applicable tools).
- Participate in digital development of global standards and technical guidelines for decarbonization, water, and waste from direct operations
- Excellent planning and project management skills;
- Strong analytical skills and business processes knowledge;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Good team interaction and interpersonal skills.
- Academic Background: MSc/BSc. degree in Engineering, Business, (Environmental ideal)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Environmental Sustainability Mgmt. preferably in Fast-Moving Consumer Goods Companies.
- Good knowledge of Envtl Sustainability Reporting Standards
- Good knowledge of Life Cycle Analysis tools and standards.
- Working knowledge of ISO14021 and environmental claims guiding documents;
- Fluent English and excellent writing skills
- Experience in the Food & Beverage or Tobacco Sector
- Experience with emissions reporting
- Knowledge of carbon pricing (shadow pricing applications)
- Multiple languages spoken
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!