Country Representative - P5
cinfoFull time Full day
UN Women is the global champion for gender equality, working to develop and uphold standards and create an environment in which every woman and girl can exercise her human rights and live up to her full potential. We are trusted partners for advocates and decision-makers from all walks of life, and a leader in the effort to achieve gender equality
Find in-depth information on careers with UN Women and related cinfo's support on cinfo.ch:
"This is a reopening of the position. Candidates who applied earlier are still under consideration, and do not need to re-apply".
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security
The Country Representative operates in a matrix management model, primarily accountable and reporting to the relevant UN Women Regional Director on UN Women -specific mandates, and results. Additionally, as a UNCT member, under the Management and Accountability Framework (MAF) of the UN development and resident coordinator system, the Country Representative has mutual accountability with the Resident Coordinator for periodically reporting on contributions and support for the implementation of the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF, formerly UNDAF).The Regional Director conducts the performance review of the Country Representative whilst seeking inputs from the RC on the Country Representative's contributions as a UNCT member
The Country Representative is responsible for leading and managing the Pakistan Country Office (CO) portfolio and for translating the UN Women's Strategic Plan (SP) in line with regional and national priorities, into development initiatives and results by developing, implementing and managing programmes and projects under the Pakistan CO; and developing effective partnerships with Government counterparts, UN system agencies and organizations, civil society organizations, and with bilateral and non-traditional donors in order to promote inter-agency partnerships, support for UN reform, and mobilization of visibility and resources to advance gender equality and women's empowerment
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage the strategic country programme planning and development
- Develop and implement strategic direction of the country;
- Lead the design, planning, formulation, preparation and development of the Country Strategic Note in close consultation and collaboration with the government, civil society, donors, UN system partners and the Regional Director, Resident and/or Humanitarian Coordinator in the country and other national development stakeholders and partners, taking into account national priorities , the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Common Country Analysis and UNSDCF;
- Provide substantive advice to the Executive Director, Regional Director and Senior Management on the regional strategy, direction and planning of programmes and projects;
- Manage and ensure the quality of results-based and rights-based programming for the CO; Finalize the annual work plan and budget;
- Lead the monitoring of the results-based management approach to programme planning and design.
2. Manage the Pakistan Country Office
- Lead the office in the delivery of operational goals; Finalize the annual work plan and budget; and oversee the implementation, including providing direction, guidance and technical support;
- Oversee and approve programme work plans and monitor the overall progress and compliance of the CO;
- Manage the preparation of UN Women mandated country reports;
- Manage the audit review process and timely response to audit reports;
- Provide managerial direction, guidance and leadership. Ensure effective workforce planning and timely recruitments; Manage the performance of personnel under their supervision; provide ongoing performance and career development feedback, timely completion of performance assessments and coaching;
- Ensure that personnel are familiar with and follow UN Women's regulations and rules, policies and procedures in the Policy, Procedures and Guidance Framework (PPG); Ensure personnel are aware in particular or of UN Women's standards of conduct including but not limited to policies and procedures on preventing, reporting and addressing misconduct, Fraud and Corruption, Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) Harassment, Sexual Harassment, Discrimination and abuse of authority, Protection from retaliation, and ensure mechanisms are in place to support personnel in this regard.
- Promote teamwork to ensure harmonization, linkages, collaboration and synergy; Ensure a respectful, inclusive safe and healthy work environment for personnel.
3. Provide support to the Resident Coordination and serve as a member of UN Country Team
- Serve as member of the UN Country Team (UNCT) under the strategic guidance and coordination of the UN Resident Coordinator (RC)/Humanitarian Coordinator (HC), collaborate on and lead as needed UNCT programming and advocacy to ensure gender equality and women's empowerment issues are fully integrated into UN programming processes, including the Common Country Assessment (CCA) and United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) planning, budgeting, resource mobilization, implementation, monitoring and evaluation through UN results groups and respective joint workplans, and in an enhanced response to national partners;
- Actively engage in regular UNCT consultations and decision-making processes
- Actively engage in and contribute to UNCT strategic communications that advance UN system efforts and collective results to promote Agenda 2030, including for national goals and priorities for sustainable development to generate positive public support and ownership
- Ensure UN Women's active participation in UN system thematic and other working groups to establish effective networks and keep abreast of ongoing debates and thinking on development
- Ensure organizational position, interests and priorities are fully considered and integrated in the UNSDCF development planning and agenda/priority setting for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Ensure enhanced accountability of the UNCT on gender mainstreaming and works for with the RC and on the implement the UNCT SWAP Gender Equality Scorecard
- Participate in RC and UNCT members' performance appraisal, as requested
4. Represent UN Women and lead advocacy strategies
- Represent UN Women in intergovernmental forums, public information/relations events and key meetings, participate in policy dialogue; discuss policy initiatives, report on progress achieved and/or present policy papers/ideas;
- Build relations and partnerships with high level and senior government officials as well as multi-lateral, bi-lateral agencies and NGOs; and participate in regional, country and other critical meetings and events;
- Lead and support advocacy for gender equality and women's empowerment to ensure UN support towards realization of the national plans and priorities are done in a gender responsive manner, and within agreed international frameworks that promote and protect gender equality.
5. Create and maintain strategic partnerships and manage resource mobilization strategies
- Lead the development of resource mobilization strategies and manage the implementation of resource mobilization strategies, plans, and efforts;
- Establish and maintain relationships with government, partners, stakeholders and donors to achieve active collaboration, cooperation and alliances on programme development and implementation and resource mobilization;
- Finalize donor reports, and negotiate and/or approve cost-sharing agreements with donors; Establish reporting accountability framework to ensure that donors are duly informed on a timely basis.
6. Lead knowledge management, innovation and capacity building
- Manage the development and implementation on the CO communication plans, based on UN Women's communication strategy;
- Promote critical thinking and implementation of innovation and best practices in the CO
- Promote learning and development by providing opportunities for training and capacity guiding to enhance the competencies/productivity of personnel;
- Lead the production of knowledge products.
7. Oversee safety, security and well-being of personnel, programmes and organizational assets
- Maintain and update CO security strategy, plan, and measures to ensure full compliance with UN security policies, procedures and requirements.
- Serve as member of the Security Management team (SMT) and undertake relevant security and crisis management training. Guide and influence decisions and standards related to security of personnel, premises and assets
- Oversee the implementation of the Security Mainstreaming & Compliance and Business Continuity Management and Organizational Resilience requirements
- Ensure all personnel are made fully aware of safety and security procedures and policies and undertake mandatory training
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Excellent programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Excellent people management skills in a multicultural environment; ability to deal with individuals from all backgrounds
- Results-oriented; Ability to develop detailed operational plans, budgets, and deliver on them
- Ability to ensure fair and equitable treatment for all
- Leading, developing and empowering people
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice and interact with high level decision makers
- Excellent knowledge of gender equality and women's empowerment in country
- Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking
- Strong knowledge of UN system
- Ability to envision and lead the strategic direction for UN Women in the country
- Excellent networking skills
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising and develop strategies
- Excellent diplomatic and written and verbal communication skills
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Master's degree or equivalent in development related disciplines, economics or public policy or other social science fields is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification (such as PMP, PRINCE2, or MSP) would be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible development experience that combines strategic and managerial leadership in development cooperation at the international level,
- Experience in gender and women's issues programming, at the international level, preferably in developing countries within the UN system, Agencies, Funds or Programmes or UN Mission;
- Field based experience working with multi-cultural teams;
- Experience in leading a team.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable (French, Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish).
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits employ, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity, and organizational need
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application
This is how cinfo can support you in the application process for this specific position:
- Before you apply for this position: Improve your application documents by registering for a Job Application Support.
- When invited to the interview: Prepare for the interview by registering for a Job Application Support.
- For Swiss nationals who get invited to the first round in the selection process (written test, interview, assessment centre, etc.):
- Please let us know so that we can inform our HR partners from the respective organisation and the Swiss Government to increase your visibility: [email protected]
- Benefit from free interview preparation by registering for a Job Application Support.
Assistant Director-Climate Change Adaptation
Pakistan Red Crescent SocietyFull time Full day
Posted date 8th December, 2023 Last date to apply 12th December, 2023 Country Pakistan Locations Islamabad Category Community & Social Services Job Title: Assistant Director-Climate Change Adaptation Location: NHQ- Islamabad Department: Climate Change Adaptations(CCA) Reporting to Deputy Director-Climate Change Adaptation...
Account Executive - US
ZonesFull time Full day
Position: Account Executive Job Timings: 9:00PM – 6:00AM (Pakistan time) Overview: Understanding the concept of the existence / need of a reseller. Grasp adequate knowledge of the US market to comprehend the day to day evolving Information Technology business sector...
Flex LivingFull time Full day
About us: At Flex Living, we are redefining the rental experience to be as smooth as a simple click of an order on Amazon. Our vision embraces a multitude of choices for our customers, tailored to their ever-changing needs. Our...