Application Developer-Microsoft Power Platform
IBMFull time Full day
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We’re looking for a real-world problem solver with the technical savvy to make the impossible, possible. As an Application Developer, you’ll help design, develop, and integrate solutions using future-looking technologies, techniques, and products our clients demand today. You’ll work with clients, finding solutions to major challenges by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment
- Define, detail, and scope the technical requirements into solution architecture and drive an independent project from an architectural standpoint
- Translate software requirements into working and maintainable solutions within the existing application frameworks
- Design, develop and/or re-engineer application components, and integrate software packages, programs, and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand requirements and define technical specifications for projects that may involve generative AI
- Document technical specifications, system architecture, and design decisions for projects that may involve generative AI, ensuring clear communication within the team and stakeholders
- Build reusable code that scales and maintain code quality
- Use IBM’s Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Support Code Review process / tools, troubleshooting, performance tuning
- Help maintain and improve code quality, organization, and automatization
- Design and code servers, services, applications, and databases that are reusable, scalable, and meet critical architecture goals
- Create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that are clean, well-documented, and easy to use
- Work with a variety of relational and NoSQL databases (SQL, Postgres, DB2, MongoDB), operating systems (Linux, Windows, iOS, Android), and modern UI frameworks (Backbone.js, AngularJS, React.js, Ember.js, Bootstrap, and JQuery
- Work across the entire system architecture, from backend to front end, to design, develop, and support high quality and scalable products
- Create everything from mockups and UI components to algorithms and data structures as you deliver a complete minimally viable product
- Support Technical Consultants and lead in building solutions and providing technical mentoring and guidance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
BI Data Engineer
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar
Knowledge/proven experience working with:
SQL programing (advanced level)
Knowledge in data modeling (Data Vault 2.0, multidimensional data models)
Building ETL processes
Problem solving skills
Experience in any Data Warehouse Automation tool (Wherescape Red or similar)
Code versioning (GIT/SVN)
Microsoft Power BI knowledge (good to have)
Python (good to have)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet
Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, genetics, pregnancy, disability, neurodivergence, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.