Mindshare | Media Planner - Digital
MindshareFull time Full day
Mindshare is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. Mindshare is seeking for a Media Planner - Digital. You will be responsible for all tasks and client service activities associated with an assigned brand/account. You will act as a steward of the entire communications planning process by providing pillars for media plans, executing plan changes/maintenance of media plans.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Business Manager/Business Director.
3 best things about the job:
- A competitive yet fun environment that combines the best of being excellent media planners of creative media thinking and at the same time being part of the largest media company in the world.
- Opportunity to learn and create leading work, working alongside specialist departments, who are evolving experts in the field.
- Be an expert hybrid planner in both traditional and digital mediums.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Being up to speed with cutting edge proprietary planning tools as well as able to extract and analyze important data; validating our recommendations.
- You would have a pulse of the business category & knowledge of competitive frame.
- Worked on moderate scaled live campaigns
- Have initiated contact with key media partners and understood the baseline of their offerings particularly digital.
- Connected with internal specialist & external stakeholders units to integrate solutions.
In six months:
- Being able to comprehend and apply our proprietary planning framework model in key campaigns.
- You would have landed live; larger scaled campaigns.
- You will have started to build relationships with the key decision makers within the current client portfolio.
- Master a flawless media execution process, working alongside various stakeholders.
In 12 months:
- Develop a strong category acumen - from a media and business point of view.
- Identify a pipeline of commercially viable solutions to support our client’s goals.
- Create and execute a pipeline of exciting business building ideas which could potentially be industry award winning.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develop and maintain media plans.
- Assist Senior Media Planner in devising strategy for brands.
- Review and update purchase orders within the execution framework.
- Ensure that all campaign efficiencies are achieved by analyzing campaigns, and recommend tactical changes to maximize campaign performance.
- Interact with media suppliers to work on upcoming opportunities.
- Prepare and update media reports for internal and external stakeholders (i.e. post buys, droppage reconciliation, PIBs, double spotting, SOV Tracker).
- Assist Senior Planner in preparing quarterly, semi-annually & yearly reviews.
- Assist Senior Planner to work with cross function departments/teams as part of the media management process.
- Client servicing on day to day basis.
What you will need:
- Must be a BBA / MBA from a reputable university of equivalent.
- Must have an experience of at least 1-2 years in media/digital/marketing experience.
- Must have strong organizational and numeracy skills
- Flexibility and able to work under pressure.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Respect hierarchy and follow a complete chain for assignments.
- Excellent personal/organizational management.
- Able to set and meet multiple demands within challenging deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to communicate effectively at all levels, internally and externally, formally & informally.
More about Mindshare
We were born in Asia in 1997 and for more than 20 years our values of Speed, Teamwork and Provocation have guided us in a world where everything is media. We are the Cannes Lions Media Network of the Year 2019 and WARC Media 100 #1 Media Network 2020, with the top 3 most creative campaigns in the world for the past year. In Asia Pacific we have been Campaign Asia’s Media Agency Network of the Year every year since 2015 and we are also Performance Agency of the Year.
Our 10,000 people work with some of the world’s best brands and companies to accelerate their growth. In 116 offices across 86 countries we integrate brand and demand, ruthlessly focus on outcomes and create the unexpected. We manage $24bn in billings and are the largest media agency in GroupM, WPP’s Media Investment Management arm, which is the #1 media holding group globally with billings of $63bn (Source: COMvergence 2019).
Hear our stories (and join us) at www.mindshareworld.com and follow us at: WeChat ID: Mindshare China; Instagram and Twitter: @mindshare; Facebook: facebook.com/mindshare and Linkedin: LinkedIn.com/company/mindshare.
GroupM Pakistan is the leading global media investment management operation in Pakistan. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies i.e m/SIX, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Xaxis and Mindshare. We see major growth coming on Digital Platforms where we have seen Internet Penetration growing to 87 million Broad Band users + 85 million 3G/4G subscribers.
Social media platforms have also grown substantially in Pakistan where FB stands at 34 million subscribers & Tik Tok has replaced Instagram to become 2nd most penetrated social platform with 22 million subscribers in Pakistan. While the digitization of the market is happening at a faster pace it has also given a lot of new opportunities in various areas & specializations like Ecommerce, Digital Content, Video Planning solutions, Technology and Data & Analytics in Pakistan. As such, GroupM Pakistan is in a very strategic position to develop and grow our talents.