AkzoNobelFull time Full day
Date: Nov 15, 2023
Location: Faisalabad, PK
We supply the sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that our customers, communities – and the environment – are increasingly relying on. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from a pioneering paints company that’s committed to science-based targets and is taking genuine action to address globally relevant challenges and protect future generations.
For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
2023 Akzo Nobel N.V. All rights reserved.
To lead and manage the engineering, maintenance and project (Capex) activities of Akzo Nobel Pakistan Ltd, covering site and off-site locations (Regional warehouses and Sales offices) in order to ensure asset integrity and plant reliability/ availability with a view to meet production targets
- Lead the engineering team and coordinate effectively with Production and other stakeholders to predict, identify and solve issues related to assets’ integrity, plant and unit availability, reliability, quality and efficiency.
- Ensure implementation and compliance to PSM program
- Lead the projects team and coordinate effectively with relevant stakeholders and interfaces to ensure effective planning, execution and completion of projects and modifications safely, in time and within budget
- Manage the plant modifications system so as to ensure optimum output while maintaining the required controls on modifications
- As the Site Responsible Engineer (SRE), ensure compliance of the Asset Integrity Guides (AIGs) and work towards continuous improvement
- Implement the company’s SHE policies, standards and procedures to ensure sustainability, legislative and corporate policy compliance.
- Prepare, monitor and manage Capex and Revenue budgets and expenditure so as to minimize revenue expenditure and effectively utilize capital expenditure for highest paybacks on investment
- Manage the engineering inventory in line with industry best practices and undertake initiatives to ensure availability of insurance and critical spares while reducing overall inventory value to comparable international benchmarks
- Ensure that a robust predictive maintenance program is in place in order to reduce unplanned breakdowns, production loss, high cost repairs and asset integrity issues.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and conduct / arrange training for direct reports and the team to continuously enhance the knowledge and skills available within the engineering and projects team
- 8 years experience as a maintenance / engineering team member in a petrochemical, fertilizer, oil & gas or large manufacturing plant
- Minimum 5 years experience as a team leader in a process industry / large manufacturing facility (preferably on plants with hazardous substance utilization / handling)
- Must be experienced in personnel management with a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience with multi-discipline teams. Must be knowledgeable about personnel management systems & best practices
- Knowledge and application skills on relevant international codes and standards, engineering & maintenance best practices.
- Awareness and practical exposure to management of engineering changes and projects. Must have managed some projects from conceptual design to commissioning and handover.
- Demonstrable skills on planning, scheduling, budgeting, proposals development, tender and contracts development and administration.
- Must have proven track record of working on safety, health and environment (SHE) management systems.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Requisition ID: 35826