Assistant Manager Commercial Finance
British American TobaccoFull time Full day
BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT PK IS LOOKING FOR AN ASSISTANT MANAGER COMMERCIAL FINANCE
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior Management Position
FUNCTION: Commercial Finance
LOCATION: Lahore, PK
CONTRACT TYPE: Third Party Contractual Role
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
- To support Commercial Finance Manager in providing timely proactive financial evaluation, information and recommendations that enables Marketing teams and management to develop and execute effective plans and take informed decisions.
- To support commercial Finance Manager in building strong financial and commercial awareness across the whole marketing function, including ensuring a robust internal control environment and simplified processes.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Actively participate in the monthly SOP process, ensuring accountability and alignment of financial metrics.
- Carry out the month-end closing, including sales rebate reconciliation, and lead the monthly planning cycle while providing analysis of general ledgers for management review.
- Support Commercial Finance Manager in the preparation of budgets, plans, and forecasts, providing accurate and timely information for ongoing performance monitoring.
- Conduct financial analysis to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of Marketing programs and touchpoints, enabling better decision-making and resource allocation.
- Analyze and provide recommendations on product and brand profitability.
- Collaborate closely with the Trade Marketing Team to optimize Trade Margins.
- Evaluate investments in key Marketing initiatives and Trade activities, such as promotions.
- Engage in business partnering with the Marketing Team, covering financial controls, profit delivery, budgeting, marketing plan, operating expenses, and capex.
- Carry out the pricing reporting and analysis for the market.
- Perform comprehensive financial evaluations and business cases, including scenario analysis and post-implementation reviews.
- Assist Commercial Finance Manager in the review and assessment competitors' marketing activities, financials, and market share to inform strategic decisions.
- Support Commercial Finance manager in simplification and process improvement initiatives across marketing finance and accounting activities to ensure clear and transparent reporting.
- Implement practical procedures to enhance internal control and governance standards.
- Enhance the financial and commercial awareness within the Marketing area, educating the organization on commercial and financial skills.
- Cultivate effective working relationships with various stakeholders across the wider business.
- Engage in planning and reviewing key initiatives to align with the Marketing strategy as an active member of the Marketing team.
- Drive ad hoc projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree educated ideally in commerce / accounting / finance, with professional qualification (CA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA/MBA)
- 3+ years of experience in a similar dynamic operating environment – matrix organisations with multiple stakeholders to manage
- Preferably experience in a large global organization / FMCG
- Influencing and good interpersonal skills
- Experience in strategic analysis, data analytics and business modelling, project planning and execution, commercial foresight
- Ability to simplify complex situations and synthesise, communicate and present complex information
- Insightful, comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty, proactive, collaborative and consultative
- Familiar with SAP
- Anaplan experience is preferred, not critical
- Attention to detail, diligent and resilient
- Good stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Proactive and adaptable to change
- Continuous drive for improvement in execution
- Excellent excel skills with hands on experience on MS power point
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!