Finance and Accounts Specialist
Mindstorm StudiosFull time Full day
- Feb 29, 2024
- Lahore, Pakistan
Mindstorm Studios designs, develops, and markets some of the top games and interactive entertainment in the world today. That's the mission our founders began with back in 2006 and we continue to uphold and bring the highest quality products to market.
Mindstorm is partnered with Lion Studios, one of the world’s leading mobile games publishers, and we are headquartered in San Francisco with development in Lahore. Our products have been downloaded over 100 million times globally with #1 worldwide chart toppers like Super Salon, Flick Pool, and Alliance Wars.
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in game development to join our team so we can empower our talent to create world #1 games.
The Finance and Accounts Specialist will play a key role in supporting the financial operations of the organization. This position involves assisting in the management of day-to-day financial activities, preparing financial reports, and ensuring compliance with accounting principles and regulations. The Finance and Accounts Specialist will work closely with the Head of Department (Finance and Accounts) to contribute to the overall financial health and efficiency of the company.
What will you be doing?
Accounting and Financial Reporting:
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, budgets, and forecasts.
- Generate and analyze financial reports to provide insights into the company's financial performance.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of financial reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure high quality and timely bookkeeping and improve accounting processes to generate useful financial information for analysis, perform regular reconciliations to ensure accuracy.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable processes, including invoice processing and vendor management.
- Supervise the processing of employee expense reports and reimbursement.
Compliance and Regulatory Affairs:
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles, financial regulations, and company policies.
- Assist in the preparation for audits and work with auditors to facilitate the audit process.
- Stay informed about changes in financial regulations and implement necessary adjustments.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Collaborate with the Finance Manager to develop and monitor budgets.
- Participate in the forecasting process, providing financial insights and recommendations.
- Analyze budget variances and propose corrective actions.
- Conduct financial analysis to support strategic decision-making.
- Evaluate financial performance against key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Provide recommendations for improving financial processes and efficiencies.
- Collaborate with other departments to gather financial information and ensure accuracy in reporting.
- Work closely with the finance team to streamline financial processes and enhance overall efficiency.
Employee Facilitation and Benefits Implementation:
- Collaborate with the Human Resources department to ensure seamless implementation of employee benefit policies.
- Provide support in communicating and facilitating employee benefits programs, addressing queries and concerns.
- Assist in developing and maintaining procedures related to employee benefits, ensuring compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with HR to enhance employee experience by promoting a positive work environment through the effective implementation of employee welfare initiatives.
- Support initiatives aimed at employee engagement, well-being, and overall job satisfaction.
Ad hoc Assignments:
- Undertake ad hoc financial analysis and reporting as assigned by the Head of Department (Finance and Accounts).
- Assist in special projects and initiatives, providing financial expertise and support as required.
What are we looking for?
- CA Finalist with articles completed from a reputable firm / ACCA / ACMA.
- Proven relevant experience in finance and accounting roles: 2+ years for CA Finalist, 5+ years for ACCA/ACMA.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel / Google Sheets, experience with using pivot tables, sumifs etc. This requirement is a must-have.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, Pakistan’s tax and corporate laws and reporting standards.
- Proficient in Quickbooks or other accounting software.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
What are we offering?
- Exposure: Best-in-class learning and exposure to the global game industry having top level game development know-how and career progression
- Culture: A progressive team and unmatched work environment with a flat hierarchy where you take ownership of your goals and become part of a team that will support and help you succeed.
- Vacations: 5 weeks’ paid time-off per annum, wedding/paternal leave, paid sick leave
- Comprehensive Benefits: Provident fund, full healthcare (in-patient & out-patient), fuel allowance, subsidized lunches, fitness allowance, gadget discounts, yearly bonuses.
- Perks: HR events, team lunches, movie nights, monthly birthdays, company retreats, games/sports competitions and much more!
Disclaimer: Mindstorm Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, & performance.