Manager, Data Architect, FAAS, Rapid Innovations, Karachi
EYFull time Full day
In Financial Accounting & Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
This opportunity is within our Data & AI team and provides advisory services focused on Data Architecture.
As a Data Architect professional, you will help businesses design and deliver the next generation of data platforms, in order to support their data driven transformation.
You will have to assess their current architecture, identify gaps and strategic goals, identify improvement opportunities and design a roadmap. You will be required to act as a strategic advisory on topics such as data protection, data governance, data migrations, and cloud journey. Your work will require collaboration with other data leaders within the organization such as cybersecurity and data protection team, data analysts and data scientists to ensure that the use-cases have a solid ground and the deliverables can satisfy clients’ expectations.
In this fast- moving new space you will be the main driver in identifying clients and business development.
This role will be based on our Karachi Centre of Excellence in Pakistan and will remotely support MENA client engagements. Based on business need travel will be a requirement.
Your key responsibilities
As a manager, you will be responsible for managing up to two projects alongside senior business leaders such as Directors and Partners, and enable clients to determine a FAAS strategy that appropriately addresses risk and manages client expectations relating to deliverables. Help client realized value from data through state-of-the-art data platforms.
The role will also involve ensuring work is delivered timely and in compliance with regulatory requirements, delivering effective execution of the FAAS service delivery framework, working with other service lines in providing an integrated service delivery and monitoring the FAAS engagement team's performance against the budget. You will identify and communicate relevant trends, developments and key performance drivers relevant to the client, consult with appropriate resources on complex accounting issues and participate in sales of new FAAS work.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor's degree and approximately 8+ plus years of related work experience
- Data Architecture Certifications are a must for the role, and will be a key differentiation factor in the candidate selection
- Demonstrated work experience of at least 5+ years in a global consulting firm handling a team of at least 4 people
- Have hands-on experience on big data, and platforms such as Cloudera, Informatica, Data bricks and on cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS
- Have industry expertise in at least one or two of those domains: Government, Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Telecom
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise teams through all phases of the project lifecycle, including requirements definition, business re-engineering, and application mapping.
- Awareness about emerging technologies like Data Fabric, Data Mesh, event driven architectures
- Strong technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability
- Deep understanding of the client's industry and marketplace
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Track record with a leading consulting firm
- Proficiency in the Arabic language
What we look for
We are interested in ambitious leaders, who want to grow within the organization, are team players and are passionate about impacting clients and communities through the application of data and advanced technologies. We are interested in leaders with entrepreneurial mindset, who are accountable for their business results, and can help grow a new generation of talents within the organization.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.