Digital and Social Media Officer
Save the ChildrenFull time Full day
29th January, 2024
Last date to apply
6th February, 2024
Media and Communication
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
As a Digital and Social Media Officer you will be responsible for handling the social media platforms, and the website, conceiving and designing IEC materials, audio visual services, designing publications, booklets, brochures, capacity statements, etc. You will also provide support to the Advocacy, Communications, Campaigns, and Media unit for ensuring Save the Children’s visibility through print and publication material, capacity building of implementation teams and field staff and developing visibility materials.
The role holder is responsible for delivering strong media engagement, products and opportunities (traditional and social media) to help advance the profile of Save the Children key moments.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Manager Communications and Media
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Plan and execute strategic communications and media (all channels) strategy to increase reach, engagement, profile and voice for Save the Children (SCI).
- Managing social media platforms from front as well as back end with analytical reporting, and building engagement to enhance voice and awareness using digital media channels such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Creating content for digital media platforms and updating the website regularly.
- Strategically designing digital and social media campaigns in line with all projects’ guidelines, including humanitarian response.
- Responsible for conceiving ideas and designing products, such as communications and IEC materials, and takes initiatives to prepare visibility materials for enhancing the profile of all projects.
- Providing support and build capacity of the operations/program teams, and implementing partners, also guiding them on the correct use of branding guidelines, and ensuring compliance with the branding guidelines of Save the Children and the donor in all internal and external communication.
- Ensuring proper safeguarding protocols to be followed in all communication visibility material.
- Supporting the Country Office Communications team in developing and designing quality content for Save the Children’s visibility.
- Regularly communicating with external stakeholders including Pakistan Humanitarian Forum (PHF) and the Government of Pakistan.
- Coordinating with vendors, such as printers, to ensure quality products and maintain databases of the same.
- Drafting statements, talking points, blog posts, op-eds, speeches and press releases.
- Photography and videography in field to collect content for the digital and social media, and related platforms.
- Developing daily program updates, weekly ACCM and donor updates, and development and humanitarian program briefs, reports, and communication packs.
- Organizing and attending workshops, conferences, meetings, and events as assigned by the supervisor.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor and senior management.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Harnesses internal and external technical resources in ways that can benefit the country program
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Actively seeks new ways to develop the application of technical and professional standards within out programs
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Degree in Social Sciences, Management Sciences, Communications, Media, Digital Arts or a relevant area of study.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Two to three years of experience working as a communications professional for a non-profit, or for-profit; or related professional experience.
- Advanced knowledge of graphics designing software, including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and some knowledge of Adobe After Effects, and CorelDraw, etc is an added benefit.
- Experience in producing and editing video content using video making softwares like Adobe Premiere Pro is an added benefit.
- Handling Facebook Ads Manager and generating reports.
- Experience in handling photography and videography devices.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, fluency in English and Urdu, good organization and coordination skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of designing with regard to balanced layouts, complimenting colours, etc.
- Experienced in dealing with external organisations and individuals.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
We need to keep our staff safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of staff from Sexual Exploitation and abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Save the Children holds its Safeguarding principles and policies with high importance and commits to rigorous procedures to ensure all our personnel and programs are safe, particularly for children. All candidates will, therefore, be subject to strict background checks. Qualified candidates from minorities, indigenous groups, women and people with disabilities from local level are highly encouraged to apply.