Business Consulting- Regulatory Compliance and Operational Risk- Rapid Innovation
EYFull time Full day
Business Consulting - Financial Services Risk Management - EY Rapid Innovation
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and, in the future, – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
EY Rapid Innovation
As a Multinational Member Firm in the EY network, Rapid Innovation, based in Pakistan, exclusively provides its services to MENA based EY Member Firms across the MENA region, excluding Pakistan. The work is executed remotely by working virtually with our MENA onshore teams and sometimes may require travel to MENA EY offices.
EY works with a range of Financial Services institutions (e.g. Banks, Asset Management companies, Lending and Financing institutions, etc.) to provide consulting services in the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) space by leveraging its expertise in the local sector as well as global knowledge. Consulting services in Risk Management can range from providing reviewing and enhancing existing risk management framework and practices, supporting implementation of new regulatory requirements, and executing internal audit reviews.
This opportunity is within Consulting Service Line, where the role is focused on providing Internal Audit services to Financial Services institutions. The candidate would have experience of working in a large bank or asset management company’s head office in their Operational Risk Management or Compliance Department (ideally both, but at a minimum one of the two experiences is required).
The role holder will be working with clients (Financial Services institutions) as part of various projects. Engagements will be wide and varied and will span areas such as Non-Financial Risk/Operational Risk Management, Governance and Compliance related services. The role holder will be part of a project team at any given time and working on deliverables such as:
- Risk Management Policy and Procedure documents – development and enhancement.
- Implement and execute Operational Risk / Non-Financial Risk frameworks, including Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSAs) for EY clients.
- Review and interpretation of Central Bank regulations and licensing requirements for various countries across MENA region.
- Facilitate the devising of plans and implementation of regulatory requirements for EY clients.
- Support execution of internal audit and control testing reviews.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll be responsible for working directly with clients. In the Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) consulting space, you will support clients in achieving their objectives, identifying potential risks, and improving their internal controls and operations. The key responsibilities would include:
- Support and promote compliance with various laws and regulations, including client’s own policies and processes, and responding to queries from EY personnel, clients and regulators.
- Activities would include tracking applicable requirements, implementing and updating policies and related processes and tools, and performing risk assessments and reviews.
- Consistently provide high quality risk-appropriate solutions, guidance and advice to EY clients and other stakeholders.
- Arrange and lead discussions, interviews and workshops with clients go gather their inputs on deliverables.
- Understand and interpret their requirements, provide constructive feedback in light of applicable regulations and industry leading risk management practices to document the outcomes in relevant policy or procedure manuals.
- Measure and monitor the effectiveness of tools and processes, conduct regular monitoring and reporting, solicit feedback from stakeholders and recommend improvements.
- Working on reviewing and implementing changes to local central bank regulations or advising bank’s management on queries related to central bank regulations (e.g., as part of Compliance Advisory function).
- Support execution of internal audit or control testing related reviews, and establishing monitoring indicators, depending on client requirements.
Skills and attributes for success
- Demonstrate technical capabilities in report writing, data analysis, communication and project management.
- Must have a questioning mind and maintain an attitude of professional skepticism to provide constructive and value-added feedback to client deliverables.
- High ethical standards and being able to maintain confidentiality while working on client projects.
- Ability to identify issues, analyze the root cause, and provide solutions to mitigate risks and improve operations.
- Analytical skills to analyze complex data sets and derive insights to inform business decisions.
- Open, adaptive and active mindset to look at the big picture and solve problems holistically instead of limiting focus on a particular aspect of the project.
- Strong project management skills to manage project deadlines and ensure timely delivery while maintaining quality of output.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral, including the ability to explain complex concepts and recommendations to clients clearly and concisely.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in teams and manage client relationships effectively.
- Good understanding of the banking industry, including industry trends, regulations, and competitive landscape.
- Ability to focus on details ensuring high-quality work – a ‘doing it right first time’ mindset.
- Highly adaptable with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage changing priorities, and quickly adjust to new project requirements.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience in the head office of a bank experience of executing related projects in a consulting firm.
- Experience of working in at least one of the following domains in a bank’s head office environment or related project management experience in a consulting firm:
- Operational Risk Management (either within 1st line of defense or 2nd line of defense) to implement framework requirements and Risk and Control Self-Assessments.
- Compliance Advisory function involved with review and interpretation of central bank regulations.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of working within or with banking and asset management companies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain technical content to non-technical customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint) and willing to learn firm-used technologies
- Produces consistent quality work products/deliverables for which he/she is personally responsible
- No material adverse findings from internal or external inspections that are directly associated with his or her role/responsibilities
- Understands delivery center role expectations and supports the engagement team to deliver exceptional client service
- Demonstrated report and/or policy writing, project management, teaming, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective organization and time management skills while working on multiple projects
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Willingness to travel to client site overseas as necessary
What we look for
We are interested in enthusiastic individuals who have the confidence to develop, learn and deliver. Successful delivery will define your path to grow in the organization, at EY your career is yours to shape. If you are passionate about risk management and delivering excellent results, this is the role for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.