Soil Health Expert (Consultant)
CABI (Regional Bioscience Centre) PakistanFull time Full day
1st February, 2024
Last date to apply
8th February, 2024
- MSc (Hons) in agriculture preferably soil sciences from HEC recognized university.
- Minimum 6 years of experience of soil health management for conservation of agrobiodiversity (terrestrial and soil biodiversity)
- Candidate with PhD in Soil sciences will be given preference.
- Profile the soils of potato landscapes of project sites based on soil biodiversity, organic matter and availability of plant nutrients and water through a review of literature and interactions with farmers and experts.
- Identify the constraints against soil health and agrobiodiversity of potato landscapes.
- Participate in planning meetings for developing the package of interventions for the improvement of soil health and, ultimately conservation of agrobiodiversity and sustainable potato production.
- Prepare training material on soil health and arrange capacity-building sessions for master trainers and farmers on soil health.
- Demonstrate good practices of soil health and assure the adaption of interventions among the farmers.
- Address the queries from farmers/master trainers on recommendations for the improvement of soil health as for the conservation of agrobiodiversity.
- Develop contents of extension material on the role of soil health in conservation of agrobiodiversity of potato landscape, for launching campaigns among the potato farming communities.
- Support the project team in keeping records of interventions and developing various reports, case studies, news, blogs success stories, videos and research articles.
- Support in the implementation of communication and M&E plans.
- Any other duty assigned by the project manager.
Individual consultant may send their CVs and Cover Letter on or before 08 February 2024 through email at [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be further invited for interview. This is consultancy assignment with 60 number of work days during the one year project life and the consultant will be paid per day basis approximately range PKR 10,000- PKR 12,000 per day.